Fuel additives for 2 strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt know whether to post this here or in the fuel additives forum. So I did both.

I was doing some reading on fuel additives, searching for something that would be safe to run in a 2 stroke snowmobile engine. It all started with some reading I did on the effects of ethanol gas on 2 stroke engines like chainsaws, weedwackers, etc. Since snowmobiles are so expensive I was thinking of using a stabilizer all the time, not just at layup time. It would also be nice to find something that would clean the fuel system.

Right now I am thinking of sta-bils new marine version which has increases levels of fuel system cleaner.

I use sta-bil with my 2 stroke mix in my line trimmers and chainsaw. They work great and have been from the same gas that I filled the can with 3.5 years ago.

I have read that some 2 stroke oils will actually preserve the gas with out adding a stabilizer.

Once this gas is used up I will start mixing MUCH smaller batches though I never thought it would take 4 years to use 2 gallons of gas.

I use Seafoam, but I saw a new product in the Bailey's catalog that says it is safe to use in 2-strokes. It is called Start your Engines! Fuel system Revitalizer. It is made by Golden Eagle and is supposed to be used if you have left gas sit in a tank for a long time, or at the begining of the season, i.e. after winterizing, or summerizing in your case. Not sure if anyone has heard anything about it but I am thinking about giving it a whirl.

I posted about this product see if anyone has heard anything or used it. It is listed as a **new** in the Bailey's catalog, not sure if that means new to Bailey's or just new product.

Same as my posting with subject heading aobut this stuff but--Found the MSDS sheet, snake oil unless you are into Isopropanol, Butyl Methyl Ether, and Xylene as a fuel system "revitalizer." Good call by Yeehaw on this one. By content mostly ether carried by alcohol and xylene--no thanks.

You must have found a different MSDS sheet than I did, the one I found did not even list a proprietary additive, just the three solvents I posted. Maybe I'll try and find another source.

iam sure seafoam is a fine product, ihave not used it so i wont say any thing bad about it. on my r/c trucks ( small nitro engines) i use marvel mystery oil for after run oil, it stops the methanol from rusting the inside. and i run it in my street truck, easyer to start, KEEPS injectors clean, been useing it for decades. it woundnt suprise me if seafoam did the same.

I would not use any additives. They are mostly solvents, and snowmobile fuel systems are mostly plastic. (Tank, lines, ect.)

There is no need fro them.

Iam going to try some of that Mercurt marine Rejunvenate. The stuff is expensive, but if it does what it claims, its worth it. It looks like super high quality when you mix it in. Ill let you know how it works. I think it will be great in bikes with power valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back