Never heard of Casite and just bought one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use Napa/Wix filters, but just so happened to be in a different auto parts store the other day getting something else, and said screw it I might as well just get a filter here.

The guy threw a Casite on the counter, and I have never heard of this brand, I asked and he said it's a pretty good filter, but what else is he gonna say??

I looked around a bit here and other places and see they are made by Baldwin/Hastings and are their "economy" brand.

What I really want to know is how do these filters rate as far as on a scale of [censored] to decent?

Basically should I be pulling this thing off my truck or will this thing be fine for 2,500 miles? I am running a rinsing phase of Auto RX, so I will be chaning the oil and filter at 2,500.

Just wanted to know if this thing is on Fram level or slightly higher. This is the first oil change I am doing since I bought it, and the previous owner had just changed it the day I bought it and it had a Penzoil on it, which I think is a Fram anyway, and that's what I did the Auto RX cleaning phase with.

Anyway just looking for any opinions on Casite basically.

Thanks.

They have been around for a long time and are a decent filter, and will serve you well for your 2,500 mile rinse phase. By the way, the Pennzoil filters are made by Purolator.

So is the general consesus that Casite filter's are decent? Not that I'm too worried, just curious.

Thanks.

Yep, Casite is a Hastings/Baldwin brand. I'm not sure if the quality level is different or not. Marketing wise, I think Baldwin is supposed to be the top level, Hastings mid-grade and Casite bargain/value grade. What actual differences are there between the three types? I would love to know the answer, but that kind of information is hard to get.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
By the way, the Pennzoil filters are made by Purolator.

But these are only available at oil change shops as part of an OC service, not retail, right?

There are some places around the country that sells them retail but I do not have a list.

I was going to order one for my wall-shelf-collection--I don't have any yellow filters up there.
I can't even find them online. Maybe Ebay I guess.

I used to use their CF1A on my Bronco.

Local Baldwin dealer used to sell them, but got bullied out by some chinese brand called servicepro or master???
I used to pay $1.85 for one.
They still had a demo that was cut apart.
I got some [censored] cellcam pics.
11-20-09_1640.jpg

11-20-09_1639.jpg

11-20-09_1637.jpg

Decent filter for the price.
Wish they still sold them.

They've been around for years, my father bought them by the case when I was younger. They were made by Hastings, I think they were the lower cost product of their line up. I'd have to ask my father.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
By the way, the Pennzoil filters are made by Purolator.

But these are only available at oil change shops as part of an OC service, not retail, right?

The Checker/O'Reillys in my area carry Pennzoil oil filters.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
They've been around for years, my father bought them by the case when I was younger. They were made by Hastings, I think they were the lower cost product of their line up. I'd have to ask my father.

I just bought a Casite filter at an auto parts store this past weekend. The guy behind the counter told me it was Hastings economy line of filters. Made in U.S.A. I figure I'll give it a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back