Kroil/AeroKroil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kroil is only available directly from manufacturer/supplier.

I got mine ( I got Kroil and Silikroil) direct from manufacturer.

Also have PB Blaster but it's not strong enough for certain applications (such as salt belt exhaust work)

Q.

As an aircraft mechanic for the last 25 years I use it often. If you live near a decent size airport, check at the parts counter of a local FBO. They will probably sell you some, probably won't be cheap though. Tom

Originally Posted By: GilroyRacing
Any one use it?

I like it, just can't find any place local to buy it.

I like it better then PB Blaster.

I'd buy just for the smell alone. Best stuff on the planet to get an AR-15s barrel nice and clean.

Originally Posted By: Mokanic
Originally Posted By: GilroyRacing
Any one use it?

I like it, just can't find any place local to buy it.

I like it better then PB Blaster.

I'd buy just for the smell alone. Best stuff on the planet to get an AR-15s barrel nice and clean.

I've been using it to clean barrels of carbon fouling for a long time now. I started using it in the shotgun barrels too. It works well.

Originally Posted By: Quest
Kroil is only available directly from manufacturer/supplier.

My local ACE Hardware has it on the shelf . I've seen it at gunshops too .

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
Use some PB blaster around the cap.

Ok, that was funny, I don't care who you are.

grin2.gif

frown.gif
How do I get Kroil north of the border? Some places you just can't effectively get at with ATF/Acetone, and I've got some nasty seized hardware that has to come out, and it's in a bad spot for using... Hmm... 'Destructive' methods.

frown.gif

Edit: I've used PB, I've used the red can of Rust Check, I even tried Quaker State One Lube, since it was kickin about, I used a torch to heat it up, and see if I could get it to wick in the PB blaster... They are hardened steel crush tubes over bolts/studs and of course the dealer never put anything inbetween, so they rotted into place. I've already caused part of the suspension mount buckletrying to drive one of the bolts out.

I refuse to pay the extortion they want to ship on Fleabay.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daman
Have you tryed the web site up in my link?

Yep, and there is no option for shipping it to Canada or any other country besides the great old US.

frown.gif

Originally Posted By: gamefoo21
Originally Posted By: daman
Have you tryed the web site up in my link?

Yep, and there is no option for shipping it to Canada or any other country besides the great old US.

frown.gif

darn,

Here it is late May and that Ned deal is still active, as my cans recently arrived after a called in order the prior week. I presently have it working on some 40-year old antenna hardware along with some Gibbs in a side-by-side comparison.

You have to love that '30's era aroma of the AeroKroil - down right heavenly, and potent!

Interestingly, both Kroil and Gibbs have the same pinkish coloration to them however, wonder what that could be attributed to?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back