Where can you buy Auto RX???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly most people will not buy a product that costs as much when right next to it on the shelf there are products that claim to do the same thing for under 10 bucks.

Interesting willix.

You start this thread on post #1741872 - 01/13/10 04:58 PM "Where can you buy AutoRX" when just a few minutes earlier you wrote on post #1741867 01/13/10 04:55 PM "You can only get the stuff online, that says alot. Why won't stores buy it"?

Seems to me you are either trolling, starting another bash AutoRX thread, bored or paid by?????

"Honestly most people will not buy a product that costs as much when right next to it on the shelf there are products that claim to do the same thing"

Hmm I see Royal Purple on the Walmart shelves.......

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Interesting willix.

You start this thread on post #1741872 - 01/13/10 04:58 PM "Where can you buy AutoRX" when just a few minutes earlier you wrote on post #1741867 01/13/10 04:55 PM "You can only get the stuff online, that says alot. Why won't stores buy it"?

Seems to me you are either trolling, starting another bash AutoRX thread, bored or paid by?????

"Honestly most people will not buy a product that costs as much when right next to it on the shelf there are products that claim to do the same thing"

He also says a few minutes after the first post of this thread that it has been around for years. If he knows that I am sure he knows where to get it.

Apply as appropriate here:

Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you
lol.gif

I am wondering why I can't buy this product at a retail store. It has extensive rave reviews. Bash, maybe, curious absolutely. Back when M1 hit the markets it was side by side with the greatest names in oil that were all under a $1. M1 was $3. Who's going to buy that? You can go twice as long on a OCI. Who in there right mind would go that long?

M1 was $5.95/quart when it arrived and it was side by side with $0.68/quart oil on the shelf. No-check that, it wasn't ..since it was only available at a Mobil gas station and was side by side with $1.50/quart retail "they add it" oil. It was also produced by a major refiner and petroleum marketing concern and not one man in Florida. It also promoted 1year/25000 mile oil changes and only came in a 5w-20. After a year or two of paying for grenaded engines, the 5w-20 went away for a long time and was replaced with a 5w-30 and more conservative recommendations.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Interesting willix.

Never see anything Royal Purple in the Wal Marts around here.

People who usually use additives as a fix it solution are usually cheap, so compared to Auto RX the Risilone, Restore,MMO, CD2, ect are going to be tried first. Atleast that is what I noticed in my dealing with customers in the automotive field. Most will opt for the cheaper product. Sometimes it works for them, and sometimes is does not.

Originally Posted By: willix
The stuff has been around for years.They could be selling it to walmart. Why only online?

Maybe this Snapper Mowers article will help.

The bean counters make the decision whether the increased sales is worth the profit reduction.

It is called Direct Marketing.

Products like this needs a little bit more explanation on how to use it and why it is economical. Plus, it potentially reduced the end customer cost. In the past, product like this only available with high end shops and with the power of internet, it is now available directly to the "educated" public.

This is true free enterprises where a product can be sold directly to the user as supposed to going through the common supply chain.

Direct marketing means nothing to me. If the stuff was on the shelf I may have put it in the shopping cart by now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: willix
Direct marketing means nothing to me. If the stuff was on the shelf I may have put it in the shopping cart by now.

I think you would have a hard time if you were in the market for high performance parts or many other aftermarket items/accessories in the automotive sector without "direct marketing. I don't have a Jeg's or a Summit ..or a J.C. Whitney ..or Quadratech ..4wd Hardware; "store" just down the block. I do have a Harbor Freight (or did) about 18 miles away, but they don't have the whole catalog sitting on the shelf.

..but you're not alone. Many like the hands on method of buying.

Yes it will be difficult for most people to understand how to use it. most wouldnt know exactly what products to use during use and rinse phases. Most consumers have no clue about basestocks. Its a hard product to understand.

Most large retail markets demand products almost to the point where a small independent company can not be profitable. For most small companies direct sales is by far the most profitable. Also I highly doubt they could keep up with production of the intial buyins of a major chain

It would be best distributed like most professional grade products are. A manufacturers rep is oriented on it and exposes his customers to it as a new product. Then you can have the more complicated instructions just due to the nature of reading manuals and instructions required with modern service techniques. The same way a Snap~On or Matco tool man shows you how to use the new GM/FORD/CHRYSLER fitting fix tool.

Getting there would still require a full time road man, presentations ..and an established network of sales people that are already into every shop and aren't already dedicated to a given product line.

You're correct that sometimes a small company cannot go big, regardless of demand. There was an aquarium air pump manufacture called Silent Giant. Excellent product. I'm not sure of the particulars, but they couldn't fill orders and couldn't raise their price enough to cover the expansion. They went under in a high demand environment.

Business is more than just having a bunch of people wanting to buy your product. That's just one hurdle.

After everybody gets done attacking each other maybe we can get back to what bobistheoilguy.com was a few years ago. That is what I would like to see.

Also a little while back it seemed like there was nothing allowed in the Additive Section except for Auto-RX. Even though I was an Auto-RX supporter myself, I tried to bring up some other supplements like Lubegard products. Now it seems a lot of the posts in the Additive Section are about MMO. I think it is not a proven fact that MMO is the solution for dirty engines and I don't want to see discussion about other supplements completely driven away by the new golden MMO team. Or will we all be required to join the MMO team? I would rather be independent myself.

Now if MMO really does prove to be the perfect solution to dirty engines I don't have a problem with that. I want to see some solid evidence of that. If I bring up Neutra or Lubegard Engine Flush will I be driven away? What if Neutra turns out to be the perfect solution for dirty engines (Bob, who started this website, thought so)? Does that information get suppressed by the new MMO crowd in the reserved for royalty seats?

With all of the nonsense that has taken place I am about ready to say goodbye to all supplements. Maybe when I need an engine cleaning I will go find an Amsoil dealer and buy some Amsoil Engine Flush.

Whether you're driven away or not is entirely up to you. You should feel free to bring up Neutra, Lubegard, heck, barbacue sauce as an additive if you want.

And remember, there is always the ignore button. It works really well in cutting down the nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back