Carquest belts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know who makes Carquest belts? There is a Gates logo in the belt pdf on their website, I wonder if Gates makes them for Carquest like they do for Napa?

Anybody have experience with the Carquest belt? I am assuming there is a good quality and then the better quality, like their red and blue oil filters.

The CQ belt for my truck is only $19.95 so I would think it's the "Red" quality. It's about 8 or 9 bucks less than Autozone and I really don't want a Drive-Rite belt from AAP if I can get a better quality belt made by Gates at CQ. AAP's belt is a few bucks more than CQ.

I haven't really bought many parts at CQ before. I recently stocked up on their CQ oil and filter deal though, and the service in the store was great and I noticed their prices were pretty good too. There are 2 CQ stores on my way home from work so I wouldn't have to run all over town to get the belt I need.

As always, thanks for any info.

I can confirm that Gates makes the Carquest belts. I used to work in their Albany, Ga distribution center before it was phased out.

Good. Thanks for the info. I am planning to stop by CQ on my way home tomorrow and pick up a belt for my truck. I may just start using CQ for my parts in general. They seem to carry good quality parts at decent prices. There's a little tiny CQ store that is also a garage not too far from my house, but I have never been there.

Thanks again.

I heard a rumor from another mechanic that the Gates belts built for Carquest are inferior to the belts that simply say "Gates."

I have no idea how true the rumor is.

Picked up the new belt tonigh, it looks like a very good quailty belt. It looks just as good as the lower-line Napa that's on the truck now, just costs about 8 bucks less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back