Discussion about BMW E39 M5 (S62) and TWS 10W-60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying the link doesn't work. I'm saying I don't get SteveSRT8's point.
wink.gif

Why is it 5w-30 or 10w-60 in this thread, how bout a middle ground 10w-40 or 5w-40 A3. Gotta make you some more HP in the USA the way we drive. ZNow you Track it - thats a whole 'nuther enchilada. BTW My 98 3.2L M-roadster engine wore out do to the oil eating the Tchain guides. Engine ran great other than the chain on overrun sawing itself through the front cover. Wunderfulkinder sports car = way preferred over a porsche boxter (in my book), though the cockpit was very tight - even worse in the M-coupe for some odd reason.

Last edited:
ARCO, it seems that every engine youve had has been destroyed. Im going to account it all to the user - nobody can have that much tendency to failure on such a diversity of cars without there being a user issue.

my 2c.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
I'm not saying the link doesn't work. I'm saying I don't get SteveSRT8's point.
wink.gif

I don't either....

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Why is it 5w-30 or 10w-60 in this thread, how bout a middle ground 10w-40 or 5w-40 A3.

Those other weights were not BMW approved...

But running a $30,000 motor at 8000 rpms (my S85)...I am brainwashed into running only BMW blessed oil (Castrol TWS 10W-60)....I would hate to have a motor failure and have BMW deny warranty coverage because I was running a different oil....

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
ARCO, it seems that every engine youve had has been destroyed. Im going to account it all to the user - nobody can have that much tendency to failure on such a diversity of cars without there being a user issue.

my 2c.
Disagree. This TC guide problem was a well known issue, as I found out LATER after a web search. Plus, I bought it as a used car and only had it for a week; I noticed the issue day #2. You are lucky if you have a good car, most of them are problematic. They are destined to be, given the # components on the vehicle and the incoming quality defect rate of the components used in the assembly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
You are lucky if you have a good car, most of them are problematic. They are destined to be, given the # components on the vehicle and the incoming quality defect rate of the components used in the assembly.

Wow. I must know a lot of lucky people.

You and me both.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

You and me both.

Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back