Valvoline Professional Series Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a VOA for Valvoline Professional Series Oil Additive. I bought 8 bottles of this off of eBay awhile back.

D99913.jpg

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Wow I like that a LOT. I might look for some of it myself now.

I haven't been able to find anymore. I emailed Valvoline though and asked if it was still produced and sold I can let you know the answer if they write back.

Wow, thanks for that. Love the moly number on that!

Wish it had a bit more Zn/Ph, but hey, everyone's scared of the API limits......LOL!

Interesting that Ashland has realy 'gotten into' Na additives - all their oils use Na detergents, and now thier oil treatments do, too!

Zinc is 691. If someone were to use lets say RTS 5W40 which has about 1100 PPM zinc (correct me if I'm wrong), wouldn't that decrease the overall Zinc. I have several 32oz bottles of this stuff.

Correct, the overall PPM of zinc would decrease for the oil/additive mix. To get the final PPM, use:

(%oil x zinc PPM of oil) + (%additive x zinc PPM of additive)

So, if RTS is ~1100 PPM zinc and you mix 4 quarts of it with 1 quart of this additive (~700 PPM zinc) you'd get:

(.8 x 1100) + (.2 x 700) = 1020 PPM

Nice, gib. Likewise, if the oil had no moly and 4 quarts were mixed with 1 qt. of this additive, the moly concentration would be: (.8 x 0) + (.2 x 1900) = 380 PPM.

Originally Posted By: JAG
Nice, gib. Likewise, if the oil had no moly and 4 quarts were mixed with 1 qt. of this additive, the moly concentration would be: (.8 x 0) + (.2 x 1900) = 380 PPM.

From what I have been told and read Moly is anti wear also so it would seem that an increase in that would offset the little drop in ZDDP. That is of course not talking about oil chemistry.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
bump.. any news? where to buy?

Valvoline never emailed me back and only place I did find it but haven't since was eBay

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
IIRC it was discontinued along with VSOT.

I could see that, they still have a professional series product for engines but i believe it is a flush

They still produce it for shops My shop buys it by the case along with their other flush / additive products, if anyone is interested in some I can ship it PM me and let me know.

Originally Posted By: law3500
They still produce it for shops My shop buys it by the case along with their other flush / additive products, if anyone is interested in some I can ship it PM me and let me know.

Thanks for that info, what size containers does it come in? I wonder why they list the flush on the site but not this additive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back