Bridestone Potenza G009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they are discontinuing this tire so I got a good buy on four for my wifes Lincoln.($80 each for 225/60/16s.) I read the reviews and they all said they loved them. Tell you what though after I got them, they look way too aggressive on the Lincoln. Them are some serious meats. I got them for wet roads, My wife like most women drive like maniacs and dont slow down for wet roads like they should and these things are supposed to be great on wet conditions, they got the aqua tread thing going on.They wont get to see any snow. Maybe I just have to get used to them. Anybody else try these out. They are running some killer deals on these tires now, because they are discontinuing them for a slightly different design.

They are superb tires. A little stiff for some of the softer riding cars though. I have heard the G009 is actually better than the G019. Apparently the G009 was outperforming the more expensive Bridgestones.

I was actually considering them at one time, but they only made H rated versions (in my size).
frown.gif

I have them on my BMW (225/60/15) for about 3 years now. They are an all season tire, with a good tread as mentioned. I only use them in summer, so really didn't need the all season, but they were priced middle of the read as I recall. I think I paid $425 US installed and ballanced. No complaints, but I don't drive like I did when I was 16...

Have to go against the grain here.

When I got our new to us Outback the previous owner had put a set of these on the car (225/60/16) less than 10k miles before.

Don't like them at all for this car. Noisy on most road conditions, worse with concrete.

Good traction on dry, acceptable on wet that has noticeably degraded on the 13k I've put on the car since then, and winter performance befitting a high performance all-season: lousy. The only thing keeping me moving at times is Subaru's AWD system. Wet snow and ice is downright scary. Suprisingly good in powder snow though.

Wearing quite well though, I have abouts 25k on them and still have 7/32 front and 8/32 rear, time for another rotation.

Next set for my Outback will be either Goodyear Tripletreds or Michelin MXV4.

My wife said she likes them. The appearance bothered me the most and she said she doesnt think they look bad. The road noise although louder than the Goodyears that I took off is toleratable. She said she likes them so as long as the Queen is happy all is good. really though, most women if the tire is round they are happy with them. They dont look at rubber the way we do.

They are good for your climate. Expect faster wear than the geezer tires usually found on a Lincon. They will keep her safe.

I would have picked TRZ.

For what it's worth, I had a set on a 97 Chrysler LHS. They were noisy, but the car itself is not exactly quiet. As for handling, they did fine on the dry and wet. More surprising, they were fabulous in 6+ inches of snow! My car never got stuck. Don't know if it's the LHS or the tires. Either way, got over 70k miles on a set and two of them are still on the car. My nephew is still driving it.

I put a set of these on last time. I'm coming up on 40k on these and there's still plenty of meat on them, and I don't baby them in the least. Traction is good in all conditions, great value compared to other tires in its class.

History:
The OEM tires were GoodYear Eagle GA. horrible tire in all aspects and replaced at 40k with Michelin Pilot GTH, I liked these until the end of their life where the car would wander at highway speeds ( I thought it was the suspension but it wasn't) I managed about 50k on them. I then replaced them with Bridgestone RE950, good traction in all conditions and managed about 55k, which brings me to my current tires G009.

Originally Posted By: 97 GTP
I then replaced them with Bridgestone RE950, good traction in all conditions and managed about 55k,

Did you rotate them regularly?

I have the RE960 which I've driven about 10k miles now. Hard to judge at this point, but I don't think they'll make it to 55k in my case. 30-35k will be more like it, but we'll see.

Yes, I did rotate them regularly. I didn't even do an alignment after I replaced the suspension either. I scribed all the parts so everything was extremely close and monitored tire wear for the next 10k. After that I couldn't justify spending $50+ to "check" it if the tires were wearing evenly and all felt well.

I don't believe the RE960 was rated as high as the RE950 in terms of mileage.

Yeah, the RE960 carries a 40k mile warranty. In all honesty, if I get close to it, I'll be happy. My last set of tires only lasted about 20K.

Had these on my Legend for over 5 years. Good tire in the rain and dry conditions. I had 40k on them and still 5-6/32nds of tread remaining. Got rid of them because they got super noisy and caused a tire pull to the right. Overall just OK>

Put these on my wife's 01 Cougar a few months ago, getting it ready for winter. So far they've done very good in all weather. While not the best in any one particular area I thing they are an excellent all season tire, especially for the price that Sam's was selling them.

G009's and their replacement, the g019s chop very badly on the edges leading to a roaring noise, no matter if they were properly rotated or not. Probably wouldn't be the best tire for a luxury car such as a Lincoln. They do handle well, I had a set on my old SHO.

-Sam

I had the G009 on my Civic and at 30k miles they started to get real noisy while coming to a stop almost like a bad wheel bearing. When I changed them the noise went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back