2 stroke oil - shelf life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some Amsoil Interceptor that I purchased around 3 years ago but haven't used yet. Does 2 stroke oil have a "best before date"? Going to be used in a snowmobile.

I also have a few bottles of Husqvarna 50:1 chainsaw lube that has been kicking around since 1997. What's the status on that?

Thanks!

Had +10year old valvoline outboard oil go bad, also some old golden spectro semi synthetic. Found lumps in the bottom of the containers. It did solve when I shook some gas up in the bottles, but you woudn't want to pour them into your snowmobile injector tank un noticed, could block up the line.

3 yo interceptor? wouldn't worry about it.

I found some 2-stroke oil in my grandfathers garage. It had to be 40 years old, at least. I forgot the name but it came in a metal can with a teardrop shaped tab you pull off. We ran it in the old 1955 seahorse. It ran good but then again my grandfather ran it on 30w at a ratio of "a bottle to a jug"

I wouldnt worry one bit about shelf life,just shake the heck outa it and use it,ive used some old oil before it was just fine.

Originally Posted By: daman
I wouldnt worry one bit about shelf life,just shake the heck outa it and use it,ive used some old oil before it was just fine.

I think you are correct here.

More likely they say this so people don't hoard oil, and also as a preventative measure against using really old oil

well think about it what in oil that can go bad and hurt a engine? its not like milk that will spoil over time.

i have some M1 SG in stash that i use no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back