Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: KeithKman
2001 LT Tahoe 5.3 with 126k miles
Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w-30
Bosch Oil Filter

Now I have an oil leak since the oil change. Truck goes to the shop on Monday.

What was the history of oil changes before the Mobil 1 HM?(which is MARKETED to stop leaks
crackmeup2.gif
)

Bought the truck from my mom's best friend. Truck always had the oil changed every 3k miles via the dealership. I have the paperwork to prove it.

Looks like the oil leak started when I started running PP 5w-30. I did that oil change 3k miles before this most recent one. Looks like it is leaking more. Looks like the oil pan gasket. Not 100% sure though.

Last edited:
With 3k OCIs I'd run any 5w-30 and see if your oil leaks go away.

The engine will be protected and last just as long with Pennzoil conventional as it would be with PP or Mobil 1.

The oil companies will not be as well protected though....
whistle.gif

Follow the OLM since you have one. 3k OCIs are really a waste of resources in my book...

Take care, Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
With 3k OCIs I'd run any 5w-30 and see if your oil leaks go away.

The engine will be protected and last just as long with Pennzoil conventional as it would be with PP or Mobil 1.

The oil companies will not be as well protected though....
whistle.gif

Follow the OLM since you have one. 3k OCIs are really a waste of resources in my book...

Take care, Bill

Oh, I understand. There is actually a service bulletin on the 5.3 motors for leaking oil pan gaskets and the oil cooler lines. I'm not worried about it at all. I'll be getting it fixed Monday. The leak is super small.

Some horrid frankenbrew on an oil burning, shoddily maintained '96 Avalon. 3qts Quaker State 5w30, .5qts Trop Artic 5w30, .9qts Mobil 1 5w30 (old SL spec), and a quart of very old Chevron "ISO-SYN" Supreme 10w40. Purolator FL400 equivalent filter. This car is on its deathbed and it'll burn most of this oil in three thousand miles anyway.

Changed daughter's 01 Civic with ~136k on the clock and ~5k OCI.

1 qt QS Green/Ad Dur. Dino
and
~2&3/4 qts. QS HP Synthetic
and
#7317 AAP Total Grip oil filter.

2001 e-350 super duty
7.3L diesel
14 quarts of rotella 15w-40

napa gold filter

7 quarts of valvoline mercon 5 (drain and fill) 4r100

2007 Mazda 3i 2.0L
48,500 miles on the clock
5 qts PP 5w-20
PureOne oversized PL20195

This fill will take me into late April when the temps start getting acceptable again.

Originally Posted By: Durango
sorry guys/gals,

6006 miles/odometer! Not 606.

Durango

Still brutal for a new battery!
I had to replace a new Chrysler battery at around 25k on a Neon once too. I made them cover it under warranty, that is unacceptable..

It was 7 degrees outside, so I let the dealer change it when I was having my ECM reprogramed for my new wheels/tires:

08 Malibu 2.4

GM Bulk Oil (Mobil Clean) 5W-30 and an AC Delco PF457G cartridge filter

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/Mopar Stage 3 turbo upgrade

66,500 miles

Mobil 1 0W-40 (5 qts)
Mobil 1 Filter

Last edited:
2009 Ranger- 5w20 Schaeffer's/Motorcraft FL-910. 9950 on the odo at time of change.

2003 Corolla- 5w30 Full syn Schaeffer's/Proselect Filter. 36,500 on the odo at time of change. Also got a ATF change as well; Schaeffer's All Trans :)

Back