interstate batteres made??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lead is an international commodity. Russia is a big buyer and seller of lead (at different times) from what I have been told. It could come from anywhere..

All of the Motorcraft batteries i see at work which are made by Johnson Controls were made in Mexico, every Diehard i saw go through Sears when i worked there was made in Mexico by Johnson Controls.

Look at it this way, at least it keeps that evil lead out of our mfg,ing plants. Remember, lead is dumbing down the American population like nothing else. Its all for the "children".

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Look at it this way, at least it keeps that evil lead out of our mfg,ing plants. Remember, lead is dumbing down the American population like nothing else. Its all for the "children".

we cant even use it for wheel weights in CA anymore.

Interstate batteries are made in Mexico now? That sucks. I will never buy an Interstate battery again.

Originally Posted By: labman
At least if they used American materials, it better than Chinese.

??? Why is that? and what materials are "American"

I don't know where Exide batteries are manufactured, but they generally have a poor track record compared to Johnson Controls.

East Penn/Deka batteries are made in the USA and are top notch quality from what I've read. Oreilly Superstart batteries are made by Deka in some parts of the country.

Originally Posted By: jcwit

The lead is recycled here and shipped to Mexico

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

East Penn/Deka batteries are made in the USA and are top notch quality from what I've read.

+1 I just installed one in my Harley. East Penn Deka is the OE supplier to Harley Davidson. They do have reasonable pricing as well. If you look up their website they have distributors in all major cities.

Even though they're traditional lead acid batteries, they have over sized cells which hold more electrolyte so they don't need topping off (in fact, you can't). They have a small vent on the side near the top with better sealed posts/terminals. I've read they are far less prone to getting corrosion/white powdery crud on the terminals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back