What is the Chrysler MS-6395 Spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

what is this spec?

I take it the 4.0 in the Jeep doesnt require it?

I thought I saw it in one version of the owners manual. '2006 I beleive.

Any thoughts? I always thought it was a spec for the Viper.

I did a bit of digging, IT looks to me like its just a spec requiring the most recent API rating be used.....what the heck?

Last edited:
From enginebuildermag.com: "Only use API Certified engine oils that meet the requirements of Chrysler's Material Standard MS-6395. MS-6395 contains requirements, not addressed by API Certification, that provide additional protection for Chrysler Group engines. All Chrysler Group gasoline engines, irrespective of model year, should be serviced with API Certified engine oils meeting MS-6395. Chrysler Group Engines are developed, certified and filled with engine oil of the designated viscosity grade, meeting MS-6395, and should be serviced with the correct viscosity grade engine oil..."

If you contact Chrysler and ask they will send you a spec sheet. Or they would pre Fiat anyway.

Cool.

I'm actually wondering if they will bring Fiat over here. I've heard there are plans too. They WERE here at one point. I didnt know that until recently.

With every model year it seems, the MS-6395 gets a new suffix. I think it's now up to MS-6395-N. I've asked Chrysler before what it is and they never said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back