My Lenovo Experience--- suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for a new laptop and found a good deal on a lenovo T400 on november 30th I tried to order.. but the deal was so good.. apparantly their site was down. They also couldnt take orders on phone so they extended the sale to dec 2

I ordered the laptop on dec 2.. it was susposed to ship on dec 9.

I get an email on dec 9 that it would be delayed until dec 15th.

I called lenovo and they said oh it will ship tonight sorry.

They shipped the laptop on dec 9 but it got stuck in canadian customs for 3 days.

I received my t400 today.. and it doesnt have some of the features I ordered on it..

I tried calling them 5 times and they just pass me back and forth between sales and tech support.

I would rather they just refund me the 50$ in options I didnt get .. than send it back and wait 4 weeks for another one.

What should I do to talk to someone with the power to help me?

Call your credit card company and ask for a refund.

Seriously though, IBM sold this branch of their business to the Chinese. I dont think anyone really cares. I would ask to get directly to a supervisor in sales. Unfortunately most tech support people have to go through some stupid range of basic questions and suggestions before they can do anything worthwhile. Not worth your hassle for them to determine that what you wanted is not there.

I would get to as high as you can, as quickly as you can, and tell them that x, y, and z are not installed, you are not happy, and you want a refund for the options or a replacement sent to you. You will not be sending the old one back until you have the replacement. See where that gets you.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Call your credit card company and ask for a refund.

Actually, he might be onto something. Talk to your cc company and see if you could get a partial adjustment. I've never tried that before, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

oh and I forgot to add my favorite part

"PLEASE WAIT WHILE WE CONNECT YOU TO OUR SUPPORT CENTER IN ATLANTA GEORGIA"

(making this up I dont type in dialect)
Tech guy-- "HI I AM HABIB WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY"

could BARELY make out his accent.. and when you have to read off strings of numbers its bad... sigh.

So anyway the 5th person I talked to said I should call post purchase support between 9am-7pm and ask for a supervisor and gave me a case number... so I'll try that tomorrow before I call the credit card company and dispute the charges.

I have nothing against people who speak english as a second-third whatever language... until they get a phone support job... then I need to understand them.

That would be like me doing phone support for some french company after taking 4 years of french 10 years ago :p

Last edited:
Chinese, Arabs, Americans... all mixed up.
lol.gif

They gave in and sent me the part.. I installed it.. the fit is go.

Besides the annoyance factor everything is now good.

I am really happy with the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back