Federated auto parts oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
My shop uses federated oil in our fleet. The bottles used to say amalie oil company on the back of the bottle but now there is no logo on them, is amalie still making their oil?

When I sold it back in the day it was Amalie. No clue what it is now sorry.

we have used federated trans fluid and gear oil for years, our current bottles say amalie, but I have not bought for about a month or more, I will see what I can find out from our rep. I hope there was no change Amalie was good stuff.

I agree. I am happy with the oil consumption and oil related repairs staying a non issue. Seems to be good oil. Some of my police cars go 5-6K miles even though i write 3k on the change stickers.

I did some research today and found out it is no longer made by Amalie. I spoke with a marketing rep from Warren Dist. and was told they now bottle it for Federated. He said its the same as most house blends they make including Wal-mart's Super Tech. As a side note he said the 15w40 which I use has a TBN of 10.

Don't know much about their oil, but I do know that Hastings makes their filters up here in NH. Says so right on the filter. Very Robust filter.

I run a Federated store in PA - we made the switch 6 months ago
to Warren from Amalie. Not my idea - Amalie was an awesome oil to sell...our delivery trucks ran nothing but and they all got over 200K on them.

We sell branded Hastings filters & also our own brand, which are also made by Hastings, just the cheaper Casite line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back