Motorcycle Challenge to grampi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned in another thread you have a friendly challenge of my Harley against your M109 with you riding yours. A weekend in June, yet to be determined, in Osceola, IN at the dragstrip to keep it all legal.

BTW: Mine is a complete street bike so no ringer in the garage. Has been on 1 day 600 mile trips and multiple others.

0029.JPG

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
grampi asked me to tell you he'll reply to your challenge as soon as he gets all the poop out of his pants.Man you scared him.,,lol

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

GOOD LUCK GRAMPI!

Originally Posted By: whitesands
Nice looking bike! What kind of modifications do you have ?

Nothing special really. Just....

105mm 1250 Bore
81mm (3/8) Falicon Full Circle Billet Crank
K1 H-Beam Connecting Rods
CP Forged Pistons
V&H Race Port Heads
Ferrea +1mm Oversized I&E Valves with Titanium Retainers
08K Head Gaskets
V&H Competition Exhaust
Jones .500/.460 Cams
Destroyer Injectors
Fitzgerald Motorsports 58mm Throttle Bodies and Velocity Stacks
Fitzgerald Motorsports Case Girdle
Fitzgerald Motorsports Pinned Bearings
V&H 2nd Gear
VRFID
Buell XB Wheels and Front ZTL Brake Setup

Bear in mind that this is my street bike. It went on a round trip to Kansas City twice with this engine build. The first of which was 50 miles after I started the engine for the first time. Never a problem. I built this in my garage as an experiment. It is the first 1402cc V-Rod ever built so there was a lot of number crunching going on.

021.JPG

043.JPG

Intake Port
0561.JPG

0341.JPG

In case there are questions whether it is mine the crank was scribed with my name and balance numbers.
058.JPG

And one of the dyno sheets.
1402dyno.jpg

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'll take you on with my 250cc Rice bike............I pick the course
banana2.gif

Now your speaking my language *road course*!
01.gif

still a nice built cruiser, whats your gearing ?

Last edited:
o2man98:

My ZX14 laughs at your V-Rod.

Why don't you pick on someone your own size?

I'll race you anytime you say. Title for title and I'll even ride mine to the track -- I'm sure you will trailer your queen.

I noticed that you use a Porsche-breathed Harley, not the everyday TC bikes. A little too close to Japanese for Faithful and Traditional - wouldn't you say?

BTW, How much did you spend to make that dog hunt?

My ZX only cost me $10k and it will kick sand on that Big-Buck V-Rod

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZGRider
o2man98:

I'll race you anytime you say. Title for title and I'll even ride mine to the track -- I'm sure you will trailer your queen.

I noticed that you use a Porsche-breathed Harley, not the everyday TC bikes. A little too close to Japanese for Faithful and Traditional - wouldn't you say?

I still don't get why guys buy slow bikes then spend a ton of money trying to make them fast. Why not just buy a fast bike to begin with? I'll race him if I get to spend 5K on mods for my bike. There ain't no way he's gonna race your ZX-14. It could tow his bike faster than it could run on its own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'll take you on with my 250cc Rice bike............I pick the course
banana2.gif

Now your speaking my language *road course*!
01.gif

Who said anything about a "road" being part of the course?
crackmeup2.gif
I figgure that we could start out with a long sand wash, some basket ball sized rocks and finish up with a trip to the top of a sand dune.

o2man98:

Someone my own size??? Let's see... Me 1402cc / Grampi's M109 1783cc. Hmm seems I am actually giving up some size.

Never been on a trailer. If you read the post it states that this bike has been to Kansas City and back multiple times. Those are straight through trips. 600+ miles in one day. Rain or shine. One of those trips was with only 50 miles on the engine before I left home.

He stated Harley and that is what it is. The key to finding ignorance is watching for people to claim my bike as a Porsche. hahaha It was not designed by Porsche it was only submitted to Porsche for refinement. HD did the same with other engines developed.

I have about $3500 in the engine. Smart shopping and my own hands for labor save a bundle.

BTW: The local air cooled guys love my V-Rod and the ability it has.

Originally Posted By: grampi

I still don't get why guys buy slow bikes then spend a ton of money trying to make them fast. Why not just buy a fast bike to begin with? I'll race him if I get to spend 5K on mods for my bike. There ain't no way he's gonna race your ZX-14. It could tow his bike faster than it could run on its own.

Grampi, this is about your M109 and it being faster then Harley's. Are you backing out already. I figured it would at least take until March. Why would you get to spend $5K on mods if I have not spent that much. I am already giving up over 300cc's to you.

Last edited:
Well, technically it is a Harley because they produce it, but it was re-engineered by Porsche from the HD factory road race engine to be used on the street. Harley said they were "too busy" designing the Twin Cam engine, so they "farmed" out the Revolution engine to Porsche.

But, to the HD Faithful, it is not really a Harley 'cause it doesn't go "potato...potato...potato" And it is too much like an Asian bike 'cause it has liquid-cooling, DOHC, 4-valve heads and a plain-bearing, shared journal, one-piece crankshaft.

But, after seeing 02man98's V-Rod, I would love to race it !!

Originally Posted By: o2man98
o2man98:

The key to finding ignorance is watching for people to claim my bike as a Porsche. hahaha It was not designed by Porsche it was only submitted to Porsche for refinement. HD did the same with other engines

If the V-Rod engine isn't a Porsche engine, then why does it come with German Mahle pistons and other German internal parts?

Porsche also uses Mahle pistons in their engines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: o2man98
o2man98:

The key to finding ignorance is watching for people to claim my bike as a Porsche. hahaha It was not designed by Porsche it was only submitted to Porsche for refinement. HD did the same with other engines

If the V-Rod engine isn't a Porsche engine, then why does it come with German Mahle pistons and other German internal parts?

Porsche also uses Mahle pistons in their engines.

Sourcing parts from on OEM provider that knows what they need the best. Do you think HD is the only OEM using Mahle or other German parts? Better then seeing "Made in China" stamped on them IMO.

Kinda funny that HD doesn't use Mahle pistons in the American-designed TC engines but do in the "not designed by Porsche" Revolution engine?

Last edited:
Kinda funny that HD doesn't use Mahle pistons in the American-designed TC engines but do in the "not designed by Porsche" Revolution engine?

I guess these companies that also run Mahle components are also Porsche.

Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Case New Holland, Caterpillar, Citroën, Cummins, Daewoo, DAF, Deutz, Ducati, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, General Motors, Harley Davidson, Hatz, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Iveco, Jaguar, John Deere, Komatsu, Lancia, Land Rover, Mack, Magna Steyr, MAN, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Moto Guzzi, MWM, Nissan, Perkins, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, RVI, Saab, Scania, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Steyr Daimler Puch, Stihl, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo, Zettelmeyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back