Discounttires.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not bought from them. I looked into mail order tires before and by the time you add in having them mounted and balanced locally it was cheaper to buy them locally.

The local tire stores here frown on you bringing in your mail ordered tires and raise the rates up. I bought 2 tires on Craigslist and the local guys all wated $40 a tire to mount and balance them. They told me that straight up.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have not bought from them. I looked into mail order tires before and by the time you add in having them mounted and balanced locally it was cheaper to buy them locally.

The local tire stores here frown on you bringing in your mail ordered tires and raise the rates up. I bought 2 tires on Craigslist and the local guys all wated $40 a tire to mount and balance them. They told me that straight up.

Yikes...

I've seen places straight out refuse to do them here...

I bought from them--they're legit, sorta.

You see, I bought a Wheel/Tire combo: Motegi SP10 Hyperblack but they sent me "Matte Black"

An honest mistake, though.

Greetings:
look into places, often in poor neighborhoods, that install and sell used tires. since they have low overhead, and don't sell new tires anyway, they aren't as hostile. also, many mail orfer places, like tire rack, have lists of local installers for their tires. these folks may install yours. lots of places have tire mounting and balancing machines, not all of them are regular new tire dealers. also, ask the guy off craigs list where to go. the local CL has 3? people always selling used tires, they must have some connection.
bmwjohn in indy

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
I can get them mounted and balanced for 25 bucks.
Each? That brings your total up to $322. How much are the tires localy?

Last edited:

No for all 4. Last time I checked I think the cheapest I could find was 75 a piece for the firestone fr380 which I refuse to buy.

Last edited:

No for all 4. Last time I checked I think the cheapest I could find was 75 a piece for the firestone fr380 which I refuse to buy.

You sure thats all 4? Here most places get $10 to mount and $10 to balance each. Pep Boys gets $15 to balance.

I've purchaced four sets of 4 tires(16 tires) from discounttiredirect. 4 rims too! The online only tire store. Their website is different than the one that you provided.

Or, come a ways north to OH, and I have a guy who will mount and balance for $15.00.
Heck, I can actually get it done for $5.00 each, but they would be using a bubble balancer.
My point, along with those above, is if you check around a bit, you can find someone who will mount tires for cheap.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I've purchaced four sets of 4 tires(16 tires) from discounttiredirect. 4 rims too! The online only tire store. Their website is different than the one that you provided.
True! The one with the S at the end of the word tire, is not associated with Discount Tire or it's online company Discount Tire Direct.

I don't know anything about the one in the OP's post/link.

Americas Tires/Discount Tires don't care where you buy them. They will even sell you lifetime rotation/balance and road hazard...sometimes even mileage guaranty for the same price they sell their tires. Hard to beat IMO.

Chris. You work right by the Americas Tire on Main Street. They will take care of you...

Maybe you should tell your boss you see a business opportunity.

Geez, look around your home first.

My local race car driver turned tire store owner will BEAT any online pricing and give me fantastic service.

Like ordering in other sizes to test fit, for example.

I would NEVER buy tires online, it's a crazy transaction and it's no cheaper.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Americas Tires/Discount Tires don't care where you buy them. They will even sell you lifetime rotation/balance and road hazard...sometimes even mileage guaranty for the same price they sell their tires. Hard to beat IMO.

Chris. You work right by the Americas Tire on Main Street. They will take care of you...
Oh ya those guys. They kept spinning my tires and putting weights on the rim untill the wheels looked like a checkerboard.

Hopefully things have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back