who knows cell phones ,tech-wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I was servicing Cell Phones for a while ... :)
Well you could solder your antenna to ... to the PCB.
But results maybe not that great not enough power no calibration .. But there would be some improvement ..

If you have problem whit signal where you live I would recommend looking to Signal Booster aka Replicator I have to say its not cheap but It does work ...

Last edited:
Cell phone antenna and its power are calibrated, manually modding a different antenna to it won't do as much as you want. If you want to try, there are many older phone that has a plug covering up an external antenna connector. But in most cases, it is not worth the effort for just 1 unit.

Some cell phones have external antenna connectors for use with a external antenna, but really it's up to the OEM to determine how well a phone does in terms of RF as PandaBear said.

Motorola, Nokia and RIM do quite well in terms of RF performance, while Sony Ericssons aren't so hot. LG, Apple, and Samsung are in between.

I've had a few, and Motorola seems to get better reception than almost anybody. Out of the many phones I've had across many carriers, the three Motorola brand stand out.

As far as your problem goes... I don't know what to say. A mod's not worth the trouble and risk and the replicator would be more expensive than a new phone most likely. I'd try to pick up something by Motorola with an external antenna of some type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back