best method to add correct amount MMO to your gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lipadj46
Originally Posted By: severach
No strange fuel activity on camera, no explanations for what I'm doing

Do you really worry about other people seeing you adding an additive to your gas?
^Right On!
Whose car is it anyways?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Do you really worry about other people seeing you adding an additive to your gas?

LOL, honestly I don't worry about much. Glad I live in NY because IIRC in Jersey you can't pump your own gas. I don't like people pumping my gas they tend to spill it on the car. I always pump my own gas, and add what ever I plan on adding, usually I look at the camera and smile while doing it. LOL

What's the reasoning for not being able to pump your own gas in Jersey?

BTW, I'm setting you up to hit this one out of the park, so I expect something good.

If I looked normal at a gas station around here, I'd be pulling out my red bandanna instead of taking the gas cap off.

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

LOL, honestly I don't worry about much. Glad I live in NY because IIRC in Jersey you can't pump your own gas. I don't like people pumping my gas they tend to spill it on the car. I always pump my own gas, and add what ever I plan on adding, usually I look at the camera and smile while doing it. LOL

BTW, I'm setting you up to hit this one out of the park, so I expect something good.

I haven't a clue............I stopped for gas a few years back while passing through Jersey. The guy came out to pump gas I said I'll pump my own if you don't mind. He said state law says he has to pump gas. I haven't stopped in Jersey for gas since maybe things have changed now
21.gif
. Maybe someone from Jersey can chime in.

Batter up! I struck out, sorry.
lol.gif

For the cars, I just use the MMO bottle and try my best to see the level of fluid in the bottle compared to the marks.

For the lawn equipment and scooters, I use and old Sta-Bil bottle - with the dispenser built-in (1/4 and 1/2 oz. marks).

This way, I just squeeze in the amount I want and good to go. I even took the sticker off the bottle and put an MMO sticker on it (courtesy of Rich Kelly from MMO) so I don't get them confused.

af0H
Why dont you just premix the MMO into the portable gas can instead of adding it with the gas to the lawn mower or small engine equipment?

And for my MMO -- I just eyeball it. A few glugs per tank is about 4 oz. 32oz bottle should give me 8 fillups, and thats about what I get. If I overtreat slightly on one tank, Ill skip the next tank, and it all works out in the end.

People in Jersey (and Oregon) are stupider than the general population, which is already pretty stupid to begin with.

wink.gif

I don't know about NJ, but here in OR it was made illegal in an effort to create more jobs at the gas station.
smirk2.gif
For some reason, you are perfectly capable of pumping diesel into anything or gas into your motorcycle - but try and put it in your car and they'll hang you.

smirk2.gif
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: SecondMonkey

I don't know about NJ, but here in OR it was made illegal in an effort to create more jobs at the gas station.
smirk2.gif
For some reason, you are perfectly capable of pumping diesel into anything or gas into your motorcycle - but try and put it in your car and they'll hang you.

smirk2.gif
smirk2.gif

So, how is that government jobs program working out for ol' Oregon???

Originally Posted By: rshunter
So, how is that government jobs program working out for ol' Oregon???

Well, we're usually near the highest unemployment rate in the nation, and the highest gas prices too...so in government terms, yeah, it worked out great....

Funny though, when I cross the border into washington, I have to pump my gas, AND it still cost slightly more. I think it's taxes...

Originally Posted By: Dominic
af0h
Why dont you just premix the MMO into the portable gas can instead of adding it with the gas to the lawn mower or small engine equipment?

Normally I do at home. The Sta-Bil bottle with MMO in it is normally carried on the scooter for fill-ups while i'm away from home.

I started pumping my own gas back in the '70's when I had a Corvette with the filler on top in the middle of the rear deck. An idiot at a gas station tripped on the hose scratching and maring the deck let alone gas all over. That was the end of that, if they wanted to sell me gas, I pumped it.

Regarding how I measure MMO for my gas tank, mine holds approx 10/12 gals. and I use 4 oz perscription bottles. Got plenty of those.

The only times I experianced "gas lines" since the '70's were in Oregon last year. I was on a motorcycle tour and on several occasions, in the bigger towns like Bend, people were lined up for a space at the pump. Big, 16 dispenser stations with only one or two gas jockeys doesn't seem very efficient.

Originally Posted By: Philth
Just read this thread. Seems people add MMO to EVERY tank full? For what reason?

For the continuous benefits of a UCL. It also keeps carbon from forming in the combustion chamber, and gradually softens existing carbon. It will keep injectors clean as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back