Oil for high revving engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, 7800 is not high RPM. If you keep it changed run the Hav. dino, if thats what you like.
Depending on engine mileage, I might run a 10/40 in your case, swapping one 10/40 qt. for 20/50 in summer.

-thingfish

I believe certain engines have various 'high' rpms that the engine is designed to run at... if someone's redline is at 5800 rpm, running at 5700 is high rpm for that person's particular vehicle. Either way, i think if you are running 'high' rpm speeds constantly, i'd use synthetics. But running high rpms once in awhile, id just keep using a good dino.

I completely agree. I was referring to the SR20 in particular, and its RPM potential. Sorry for not being more clear.
I would personally run synth in ANY engine regardless of any variable. ( unless I really did not like the car )

"High" rpm is really a function of each individual engine, and it's stroke length. Yeah, 7500 rpm may not be that high for some of the short stroke euro and rice race engines, but it's durn high for an American V8. When you have a stroke of nearly 4 inches, 6500 rpm is high.

quote:

When you have a stroke of nearly 4 inches

lol.gif

Sorry, I had to...

quote:

as I have stated before, Ferrari formula 1 engines use group 3 synthetics. They use the same base stock for Rotella t synthetic as well as Helix. F1 people know what they are doing.

I've read that before as well. Shell said that some of their racing oils are synthetic blends. This was from Race Car Engineering magazine. I never would have thought they would be using a group III. Maybe they know something the others don't??

Maybe a HDEO is in order? Extra AW additives surely can help. M1 T&SUV b(or Delo 400 if cost is an issue.)

I am a big fan of the M1 T&Suv , unfortunatly I have been unable to find it anywhere local to me. It's been gone here for many months.
Ironically, green GC is kinda plentiful. ( picked up 2 cases today )

This viscosity index stuff would be a lot easyer to deal with if they would throw away the 5w-30 label and use something like 40cS at 40C, 10cS @ 100C, written as 40/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back