Who here rides a Harley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bamorris2
I own and ride (daily) a 2009 Road King Classic. I own it, not because of what it sybolizes or because of it's heritage/tradition, but because I think it looks, sounds, and feels great. I'm not at all into the Harly lifestyle. I have no other friends that ride Harley's (or any other bikes, for that matter). I don't belong to any motorcycle club, and rarely go to any bike shows or events.

I just love riding motorcycles. And I'm a big buy, so riding a small bike is out of the question. The Road King fits me perfect. Plus I love the feel of the rumble. I do NOT have aftermarket pipes, and I don't like them. In fact, it really irritates me when a loud bike (or car) rumbles by my house, rattling my windows.

I'm probably in the minority of HD riders, but that's who I am.

You have my respect as a fellow motorcyclist simply for the reasons you have stated above. I too enjoy the sound of a Harley with a stock exhaust. It's simply a very pleasurable sound.

It's the desperately insecure that feel the need to make their bikes obnoxiously noisy and tarted up like a Filipino taxi cab.

I applaud your courage to ride a Harley in the presence of the majority of HD riders who do not share your sense of reason and mature attitude. You also have my sympathy to have to be directly subject to the onslaught of the "HD mystique" simply by brand association.

Those of us who don't ride Harleys are most often avoided by those that do. Considering what the HD side show has to offer, I appreciate the fact that they avoid me. Being that you ride a Harley, I'm certain that you're not as fortunate.

It's riders like you who should be the true ambassadors for the marque. Too bad Willie G. had to draw on the worst of what people have to offer to promote his bizzare cult. Makes it tough for real motorcyclists such as yourself.

Originally Posted By: RonH
They are nothing more than ugly, noisey, obnoxious garbage to me. The main *attraction* if you can call it that is the "obnoxious" part. Owners love to be loud and think that puts them up above the other motorists out there. Well it DOESN"T. I'd have hunting season all year on Harleys and have a shotgun aiming at the street if I had my way.
OK rant over and it's not Harley that's bad, it's the iddiots that ride them. Not all of them, just the general majority. If you are quiet, wear a helmet and know how to ride, fine. If you've never ridden before, don't wear a helmet, take the mufflers off and cruise around making your stink in my ears, I can live without you on the street.

This is kind of psycho....must be the thin air.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
"
I won't buy an North American product with a domestic engine in it. Take Arctic Cat for instance. As long as they use Suzuki engines and power trains, I'll buy them. I already own two late model Arctic Cat ATVs with Suzuki engines. I wouldn't touch one with their home built engines. Particularly their Blunder Cats!

A stock Harley is an OK bike. Not a great bike, but alright if that's what you're into. However, it seems that when one gets royally gouged by paying the ridiculous price off the shop floor, they automatically think they've purchased a ticket to the "elite motorcyclist club". I suspect that during the "sucking in" process, the dealers bore a one inch hole in their skulls, pump out a good portion of their brains and pump in a couple gallons of Willie G. slogans and propaganda. Hey, they have to make you feel good about mortgaging the trailer to put a down payment on the bike, right?

I am really into all the Canadian made bikes as well. Oh wait canada doesn't make bikes or cars or trucks....they just show up to criticize them. If you guys in Canada know so much about motorcycles how come you don't make any?

Originally Posted By: nazareth
funny all the negative comments on harley and people who ride them are coming from people whom either never ridden and or dont own a harley.

That is usually the case....

As Monty Python would say, and now for something completely different.

What makes people use something besides Panasonic vacuums? Everyone knows they are the best. Yet there are people that use WWII technology Kirbys. Oh yeh that chrome laced body with all those fancy attachments is cool? The Panasonic is superior in every way. Kirby people are a bunch of snobs and are delusional. The WWII, chrome plated anvil design and technology does nothing for me. And unless you've owned something other than a Kirby and have had to deal with snobby Kirby owners, then you can't even fathom what us non-Kirby owners have to deal with.

I'd just as soon spit on these people as give them the time of day. If you want to be just another cow in the herd, buy a Kirby. If you want to be unique, buy something else.
"snobby Kirby owners".

I have a Kirby using brother-in-law who bad mouths anything non Kirby. He's got the hair, the beard, the 12" wallet with 36" chain, the a$$less pants, sleeveless Kirby shirts, fingerless vacuum gloves and of course the mandatory rottweiler. You know the kind. The quintessential, legend in his own mind, wannabe bad boy. Certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed. His Kirby looks like a Eureka reject.

They are nothing more than ugly, noisey, obnoxious garbage to me. The main *attraction* if you can call it that is the "obnoxious" part. Owners love to be loud and think that puts them up above the other vacuumers out there. Well it DOESN"T. I'd have hunting season all year on Kirbys and have a shotgun aiming at peoples living room if I had my way.

Kirbys might draw a crowd back at the trailer park but out in the real world, they're not so impressive. Most of the women I've seen using a Kirby by the way should be wearing full face handkerchiefs. Not just for safety reasons either.

Kirby’s suck. In case that was censored, Kirbys have negative pressure.

You get the picture. Stupid stuff!

Contributions made by a selected metric few. Since the BITOGers are mostly metric in bikes and cool enough to not rush to these guys aid in their goofy agenda.

Originally Posted By: cfromc
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: EagleFTE
Wrong again. I never, I repeat NEVER say anything derogatory about anyone's bike, not even jokingly, unless 1) I know the person or 2) they say something derogatory about my bike FIRST. Any flaming that comes my way from Harley owners is completely unprovoked......unless of course they're intimidated by my bike.....

Harleys have become the cookie-cutter bikes

I personally think the only good looking Harley isn't really a Harley at all, it's a Porsch.

If you want a unique motorcycle you have to buy something other than a Harley.

Victory. They're built better than a Harley AND they're designed and built using today's technologies (not those from WWII).

If you want to be just another cow in the herd, buy a Harley. If you want to be unique, buy something else.

The WWII, chrome plated anvil design and technology does nothing for me.

Making statments in a forum thread intended to discuss these very things is hardly the same as making a derogatory statement to another rider on the street just out of the blue.

Right. Its cowardly when the person is not standing right there.

I swear some of you people are more dense than granite. The purpose of this thread is to discuss these very things. Why would anyone go up to a perfect stranger (another bike rider) out of the blue and just start talking about stuff like this? He'd look at you like you were a lunatic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this exactly what forums are for.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Harleys are for riders who think 100 is fast.

100 is a good starting point. Let's RACE! First one to let off loses.

You wouldn't stand a chance dude!

Wrong again. I never, I repeat NEVER say anything derogatory about anyone's bike, not even jokingly, unless 1) I know the person or 2) they say something derogatory about my bike FIRST. Any flaming that comes my way from Harley owners is completely unprovoked......unless of course they're intimidated by my bike.....

Harleys have become the cookie-cutter bikes

I personally think the only good looking Harley isn't really a Harley at all, it's a Porsch.

If you want a unique motorcycle you have to buy something other than a Harley.

Victory. They're built better than a Harley AND they're designed and built using today's technologies (not those from WWII).

If you want to be just another cow in the herd, buy a Harley. If you want to be unique, buy something else.

The WWII, chrome plated anvil design and technology does nothing for me.

Making statments in a forum thread intended to discuss these very things is hardly the same as making a derogatory statement to another rider on the street just out of the blue.

Right. Its cowardly when the person is not standing right there.

I swear some of you people are more dense than granite. The purpose of this thread is to discuss these very things. Why would anyone go up to a perfect stranger (another bike rider) out of the blue and just start talking about stuff like this? He'd look at you like you were a lunatic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this exactly what forums are for.

pot calling the kettle black there

I guess I missed that footnote in the etiquette handbook. Does it also provide for spitting on and shooting people who don't agree with your product / make decisions?

I'd just as soon spit on these people as give them the time of day.

I'd have hunting season all year on Harleys and have a shotgun aiming at the street if I had my way.

I have not heard anything of the sort from non-metric owners despite your buddy's constant invitations.

You can keep talking in circles and taking my comments out of context (or even posting comments I didn't make), but like I said earlier, some Harley guys just aren't interested in facts. You are one of them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bamorris2
I own and ride (daily) a 2009 Road King Classic. I own it, not because of what it sybolizes or because of it's heritage/tradition, but because I think it looks, sounds, and feels great. I'm not at all into the Harly lifestyle. I have no other friends that ride Harley's (or any other bikes, for that matter). I don't belong to any motorcycle club, and rarely go to any bike shows or events.

I just love riding motorcycles. And I'm a big buy, so riding a small bike is out of the question. The Road King fits me perfect. Plus I love the feel of the rumble. I do NOT have aftermarket pipes, and I don't like them. In fact, it really irritates me when a loud bike (or car) rumbles by my house, rattling my windows.

I'm probably in the minority of HD riders, but that's who I am.

You have my respect as a fellow motorcyclist simply for the reasons you have stated above. I too enjoy the sound of a Harley with a stock exhaust. It's simply a very pleasurable sound.

It's the desperately insecure that feel the need to make their bikes obnoxiously noisy and tarted up like a Filipino taxi cab.

I applaud your courage to ride a Harley in the presence of the majority of HD riders who do not share your sense of reason and mature attitude. You also have my sympathy to have to be directly subject to the onslaught of the "HD mystique" simply by brand association.

Those of us who don't ride Harleys are most often avoided by those that do. Considering what the HD side show has to offer, I appreciate the fact that they avoid me. Being that you ride a Harley, I'm certain that you're not as fortunate.

It's riders like you who should be the true ambassadors for the marque. Too bad Willie G. had to draw on the worst of what people have to offer to promote his bizzare cult. Makes it tough for real motorcyclists such as yourself.

+1

pot calling the kettle black there [/quote]

How long did it take you to look up and copy that quote?

You can keep talking in circles and taking my comments out of context (or even posting comments I didn't make), but like I said earlier, some Harley guys just aren't interested in facts. You are one of them.

Please tell me what "facts" I have missed. Never said you are responible for all the quotes. All you would have to do is read to see that. You are involved in some kind of personnal agenda and say I am wrong about this and don't get the facts about that. Can you be specific? I'd like to see that.

As for talking in circles you seem to be the one that says HD owners are all about image and attention and then turn full circle and brag about how everyone in a crowd thinks your bike is the greatest while no HD owner has commented as such at all.

Please also explain where I talked in circles. I think the circles are in your head. Give specific examples please.

pot calling the kettle black there

How long did it take you to look up and copy that quote? [/quote]

about two senconds or so.

Originally Posted By: bonnie john
geez, must be winter for some of you folks

me, i'm riding my HARLEY to work every day

dont you get it ?

ride, don't snivel about someone elses mo'sikle

I got up yesterday to 9 degrees F with 40 mph winds, gusts up to 50. Not sure what the wind chill is for that. But it was a brisk fall morning. It just makes Spring all that more inviting. But I do ride all year round. Just not in those conditions.

It's just some strangeoid with some complex about what others ride.

Originally Posted By: PT1
"
I won't buy an North American product with a domestic engine in it. Take Arctic Cat for instance. As long as they use Suzuki engines and power trains, I'll buy them. I already own two late model Arctic Cat ATVs with Suzuki engines. I wouldn't touch one with their home built engines. Particularly their Blunder Cats!

A stock Harley is an OK bike. Not a great bike, but alright if that's what you're into. However, it seems that when one gets royally gouged by paying the ridiculous price off the shop floor, they automatically think they've purchased a ticket to the "elite motorcyclist club". I suspect that during the "sucking in" process, the dealers bore a one inch hole in their skulls, pump out a good portion of their brains and pump in a couple gallons of Willie G. slogans and propaganda. Hey, they have to make you feel good about mortgaging the trailer to put a down payment on the bike, right?

I am really into all the Canadian made bikes as well. Oh wait canada doesn't make bikes or cars or trucks....they just show up to criticize them. If you guys in Canada know so much about motorcycles how come you don't make any?

Have you been off the planet for a while?

Google Bombardier (owner of Rotax)....

I'm sure that I've read somewhere that we have numerous auto plants in Canada and apparently our plants produce your own brands better than you do. Might have something to do with us being humble enough to learn that possibly someone else in the world (Asians) might know how do what we do better. Understand what I'm saying?

Oh, and by the way, you shouldn't be pounding your chest too hard. What you pass off as cars and bikes leave a lot to be desired....

Please tell me what "facts" I have missed. Never said you are responible for all the quotes. All you would have to do is read to see that. You are involved in some kind of personnal agenda and say I am wrong about this and don't get the facts about that. Can you be specific? I'd like to see that.

As for talking in circles you seem to be the one that says HD owners are all about image and attention and then turn full circle and brag about how everyone in a crowd thinks your bike is the greatest while no HD owner has commented as such at all.

Please also explain where I talked in circles. I think the circles are in your head. Give specific examples please.

Metrics are faster and more powerful than Harleys. They handle better. They stop better. They're more reliable. They're more comfortable. Their engines vibrate less. They're more technologically advanced. They're less expensive. Sounds to me like metrics are just flat-a$$ed better machines, but like many (not all) Harley owners, you simply don't care about the facts.

You're talking in circles by bringing up the same things over and over in your posts, mainly taking statements I made previously out of context. I think maybe the reason you keep gliding over this whole Harley attitude thing is because you have it, therefore you condone anyone else that has it.

Good morning Harley Bashers! Hows that convincing everyone that metric bikes are the only ones worth having going? not so good eh.Well there's still hope for you. Harley's having a winter sale now where they will sell you the bike you have always wanted. All you have to do is admit metric bikes are ugly, uncomfortable,have no style,and their main purpose is to try and imitate what a Harley is. Did you notice when metric bike sales were starting to fall off, all the metric bikes makers came out with a Harley look alike?.Why do you think that is? Because Harley is the real thing. Pure and simple. Say what you want, but they were around before all the cheap metric stuff started being marketed as the bike to have.And when the day comes when your tired of your copy bike,and finally buy the Harley you know you really want, You'll be braggin how Harley's are the best.

Yo grampi:

Give it up. It's painful to watch sound logic going totally unheeded. Do think they have even a basic understanding of what you're trying to say?

It's obvious that most of these die hard "Harley-only-everything-else-is-junk" types have had waaaay too much Koolaid. They're beyond reasoning. Been to the mother ship too often and cannot be de-programmed. Remember, this isn't a hobby for them as it is with normal people. It's a religion. Willie G. is their god and the cows powered by flatulent mice that they ride, are the vehicles to get to the promised donut shop.

Now let us pray:

Live to ride. Ride to live.
If you have to ask, you don't understand.
We don't do fear.
Screw it. Let's ride.
The Road Starts here. It never Ends.
The Legend Rolls On.
It's time to ride.
Until you've been on a Harley-Davidson, you haven't been on a motorcycle.
You gonna finish that?

Got to run. This stuff makes me want to hurl.

Yo grampi:

Give it up. It's painful to watch sound logic going totally unheeded. Do think they have even a basic understanding of what you're trying to say?

It's obvious that most of these die hard "Harley-only-everything-else-is-junk" types have had waaaay too much Koolaid. They're beyond reasoning. Been to the mother ship too often and cannot be de-programmed. Remember, this isn't a hobby for them as it is with normal people. It's a religion. Willie G. is their god and the cows powered by flatulent mice that they ride, are the vehicles to get to the promised donut shop.

Now let us pray:

Live to ride. Ride to live.
If you have to ask, you don't understand.
We don't do fear.
Screw it. Let's ride.
The Road Starts here. It never Ends.
The Legend Rolls On.
It's time to ride.
Until you've been on a Harley-Davidson, you haven't been on a motorcycle.
You gonna finish that?

Got to run. This stuff makes me want to hurl.

Yep, they remind me of radical islamists. They're all brainwashed and are blind to the facts.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Good morning Harley Bashers! Hows that convincing everyone that metric bikes are the only ones worth having going? not so good eh.Well there's still hope for you. Harley's having a winter sale now where they will sell you the bike you have always wanted. All you have to do is admit metric bikes are ugly, uncomfortable,have no style,and their main purpose is to try and imitate what a Harley is. Did you notice when metric bike sales were starting to fall off, all the metric bikes makers came out with a Harley look alike?.Why do you think that is? Because Harley is the real thing. Pure and simple. Say what you want, but they were around before all the cheap metric stuff started being marketed as the bike to have.And when the day comes when your tired of your copy bike,and finally buy the Harley you know you really want, You'll be braggin how Harley's are the best.

Thanks for the tip but in all honestly, you couldn't give me a Harley of any type or any age simply because I'd be too embarrassed to ride it. Someone might mistake me for one of you!

It's not the bike that makes HD ridiculous. It's leather clad, socially dysfunctional, Village People wannabe dolts with hearing problems that reduces the brand to nothing more than an idol of worship for a mind altering quasi-religious cult.

I truly feel for the "normal" guy who rides a Harley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back