Jersey Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that much of the money those tools inherited came from many Teamster pension funds.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
What's a guido? From the posts it sounds like a mildly racist term for Italian males?

yes, you are correct. but a certain type of behavior. in the 80s, they would wear sweatpants or jogging suits, lots of gold chains and hair gel and heavy cologne. used to be the largest customer base of IROC camaros. we used to say IROC stood for Italian Retard Out Cruising.
not familiar w/ the modern Jersey Shore Guido, but it looks like not much has changed.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
Originally Posted By: CivicFan
What's a guido? From the posts it sounds like a mildly racist term for Italian males?

yes, you are correct. but a certain type of behavior. in the 80s, they would wear sweatpants or jogging suits, lots of gold chains and hair gel and heavy cologne. used to be the largest customer base of IROC camaros. we used to say IROC stood for Italian Retard Out Cruising.
not familiar w/ the modern Jersey Shore Guido, but it looks like not much has changed.

Mpvue hit the nail on the head.

Most Italians know that John Gotti and other Tony Soprano types are criminal LOWLIFES. The 'guido' idolizes that lifestyle for the most part.

Travolta and his friends were typical guidos in 'Saturday Night Fever'.

Don't confuse south jersey and it's shores with North Jersey. A lot different IMO.

Cape May is beautiful. Ocean City and Avalon are also nice shores.

Originally Posted By: Samilcar
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
FAILURE.

GuidoOompa.jpg

Oompa Loompas?

The guy in the middle looks ridiculous. The guy on the right isn't much better. FUGGETABOUTIT!

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: Samilcar
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
FAILURE.

GuidoOompa.jpg

Oompa Loompas?

The guy in the middle looks ridiculous. The guy on the right isn't much better. FUGGETABOUTIT!

Looks like future congressmen to me.

If you wanna see a perfect example of a guido, go on youtube and watch "my new haircut." I won't link it because it has foul language NSFW, NSFK. It is really funny though, if you've never seen it before.

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Got all that, but how can "guido" be a racist term? Italians are "white", or caucasian.
I think the word racist is over- and incorrectly used.

I couldn't agree more MarkC. I said basically the same thing in another post here this week.

Originally Posted By: buster
Don't confuse south jersey and it's shores with North Jersey.

Why would I confuse south with north?
crackmeup2.gif
Sorry, that hit my funny bone.

Hopefully the show works against them and they realize that people are actually laughing at how ridiculous they are. Maybe MTV set it up that way. LOL

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Growing up in NJ and spending a LOT of time at the NJ shore, I'd say it makes a "good" (as in accurate) description of a group that you see a LOT of down the shore in the summer. It is also particularly one that people I know from other states would think of as relevant to NJ (unfortunately).

Not that it is right across the board, like any stereotype... but there is some truth to it in how groups of kids act down the shore in the summertime. Like it or not.

That said, this show is exactly the type of reason why I refuse to pay my hard-earned money for television.

A large percentage of the 'guidos' at the Jersey shore actually come from Staten Island, NY. Their 'ancestors' emigrated from Brooklyn since the Veranzano Bridge opened (1964).

PS: The toll on the Veranzano Bridge is currently $10 but is set to rise to $14. It's outrageous considering that this bridge links two boros of NYC.

CORRECT!! (and just as many from Broiklinn/Bensonhoist-purposely misspelled to emphacize their accent
56.gif
)

This is why they are often referred to as the "bridge & tunnel crew".

I have given up on my own state's shore, mainly due to these 'Tony S/Gotti' types taking it over during the summer.
The irony is that when I want to go to a shore area, I pass right by their habitats on my way out to Montauk (which has some of the nicest beaches in the country!).

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying all along. Most on that show are from NY. As long as they stay up in North/Central Jersey I'm ok with it. Just stay away from the South Jersey shores.
grin2.gif

Most of the current discussion is on the fact the one chick gets punched in the face...by a guy (not a castmember)

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Most of the current discussion is on the fact the one chick gets punched in the face...by a guy (not a castmember)

Yep.

33yke1i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back