TPMS Experts chime in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The manager at my local Discount Tire indicated that with the current technology, most people will experience a few sensor failures every 50,000 miles on average from what he's seen.

I haven't noticed TPMS sensor failures, but of my friend's cars that are equipped with TPMS, all of them had corroded valve stem cores that were causing the tires to lose pressure. I have never seen issues with leaking valve stem cores until now. With TPMS, I think a TPMS rebuild kit is a must at every tire replacement.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I haven't noticed TPMS sensor failures, but of my friend's cars that are equipped with TPMS,

Well, one Discount Tire store probably deals with 150 different customers 6 days a week. How many friends do you have with vehicles equipped with TPMS???
28.gif

I'd like to see the systems standardized.. right now we have about 8 different sensor types.. and every car seems to have it implemented differently.

On my 08 vette the TPMS starts barking at 24psi or less, when the alarm is displayed the car goes into limp mode and will not go over 55MPH, U cannot ignore that.
My friend had all 4 sensors removed from the wheels and he mounted them in a 3x12 piece of PVC pipe with caps on both ends,he put 32Psi in the pipe and put the pipe in the back of the car, the car reads the 4 sensors and is happy and he can do anything he wants with the tires(mount drag radials,snow tires,etc)...Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back