Jersey Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.
buster,

So I take it from your post that you got turned down?
lol.gif
just kidding.

pbm,

Since when is the federal government an authority on anything besides what NOT to do? In addition, race vs. cultural group is the not an attempt at PC in any way, just the truth.

Originally Posted By: benjamming

pbm,

Since when is the federal government an authority on anything besides what NOT to do? In addition, race vs. cultural group is the not an attempt at PC in any way, just the truth.

I can change my 'cultural group' but I can't change my 'race'. If it were that easy we could all qualify for "affirmative action' benefits.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I've gone 64 years without watching MTV.

Uhh, MTV has only been on the air less than 30 years. Get with it!

Growing up in NJ and spending a LOT of time at the NJ shore, I'd say it makes a "good" (as in accurate) description of a group that you see a LOT of down the shore in the summer. It is also particularly one that people I know from other states would think of as relevant to NJ (unfortunately).

Not that it is right across the board, like any stereotype... but there is some truth to it in how groups of kids act down the shore in the summertime. Like it or not.

That said, this show is exactly the type of reason why I refuse to pay my hard-earned money for television.

Originally Posted By: buster
The show is pathetic and an embarrassment to South Jersey. Of course MTV picks Sleaseside Heights. Central/North Jersey shores get all the Guidos. The show is absolutely horrible.

guidos-look-like-women.jpg

Her forehead is large enough you could use it for a ski jump!

The classic MTV reality show formula is played out. Put a bunch of alpha personality d-bags in a house and watch the drama ensue. At this point it's about as entertaining to watch as a bug zapper.

I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of MTV since the 90's. It was a GREAT channel back in the day, now not so much.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
And MORE failure!

guido07.jpg

Did they all get electrocuted at the same time???

The apple doesn't fall far from the treeeeee

Originally Posted By: buster
The show is pathetic and an embarrassment to South Jersey. Of course MTV picks Sleaseside Heights. Central/North Jersey shores get all the Guidos. The show is absolutely horrible.

guidos-look-like-women.jpg

Her forehead is large enough you could use it for a ski jump!

Yeah - that's a 5-head!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Growing up in NJ and spending a LOT of time at the NJ shore, I'd say it makes a "good" (as in accurate) description of a group that you see a LOT of down the shore in the summer. It is also particularly one that people I know from other states would think of as relevant to NJ (unfortunately).

Not that it is right across the board, like any stereotype... but there is some truth to it in how groups of kids act down the shore in the summertime. Like it or not.

That said, this show is exactly the type of reason why I refuse to pay my hard-earned money for television.

A large percentage of the 'guidos' at the Jersey shore actually come from Staten Island, NY. Their 'ancestors' emigrated from Brooklyn since the Veranzano Bridge opened (1964).

PS: The toll on the Veranzano Bridge is currently $10 but is set to rise to $14. It's outrageous considering that this bridge links two boros of NYC.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I've gone 64 years without watching MTV.

Uhh, MTV has only been on the air less than 30 years. Get with it!

He's still correct in saying that he has gone 64 years w/o watching MTV. The first few decades it just wasn't available.

Are these guys for real? How do they manage not getting killed by some thugs from Newark?

Seriously, if these guido types are for real that is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Originally Posted By: deven
And MORE failure!

guido07.jpg

Did they all get electrocuted at the same time???

The apple doesn't fall far from the treeeeee

I think it fell on their heads.

It looks like they all just witnessed a nuclear test at close range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back