Jersey Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know not everyone here is up on pop culture. Just so you know what's "cool" and you can say you saw it here first, I give you Jersey Shore ...

s-GUIDO-large.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/24/jersey-shore-mtv-reality-_n_369580.html

FAIRFIELD, N.J. (Associated Press) - A national Italian-American organization based in New Jersey says an MTV reality show that depicts Italian-American beachgoers as the "hottest, tannest, craziest Guidos" is offensive and should be scrapped before it airs.

UNICO National said Tuesday that "Jersey Shore" relies on crude stereotypes and highlights cursing, bad behavior and violence in depicting renters at a New Jersey beach house.

An MTV promo says the participants "keep their hair high, their muscles juiced and their fists pumping all summer long!"

UNICO President Andre DiMino calls the show "trash television."

It's scheduled to debut Dec. 3.

MTV did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment.

WATCH:

First off this is just confirmation that NOTHING cool comes out of NJ.

Second-it's MTV so it is not true. Just politically correct [censored]. It is like the new preview I saw about teen moms on MTV. All the teen moms were white. I'm not sure the stats show that to be legit.

When I was younger and going to the beach we had a saying...."beware of guidos wearing speedos"....

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
First off this is just confirmation that NOTHING cool comes out of NJ.

Second-it's MTV so it is not true. Just politically correct [censored]. It is like the new preview I saw about teen moms on MTV. All the teen moms were white. I'm not sure the stats show that to be legit.

statistically there would be more white teen moms than other races just because there are more white people.
there are more white people on welfare than other races also.

I've gone 64 years without watching MTV. I've also gone 64 years without watching a reality show.

I don't plan on changing my record.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Offtopic,

mpvue,

There's only 1 race - human race. There are different cultural groups, sure, but only one race.

Carry on.

I agree BUT...all cultures are not equal IMO.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Offtopic,

mpvue,

There's only 1 race - human race. There are different cultural groups, sure, but only one race.

Carry on.

um, yeah, I know that. but it was the easiest way to say what I wanted. 'culture' also gets misunderstood.
words like 'biracial' and 'interracial' are used when a marriage or kids are 'mixed' cultures, and people understand what you mean when you use those descriptive terms.

I think the federal gov't still defines caucasion etc..as 'races'. Why are we becoming so PC?

The show is pathetic and an embarrassment to South Jersey. Of course MTV picks Sleaseside Heights. Central/North Jersey shores get all the Guidos. The show is absolutely horrible.

guidos-look-like-women.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back