New Rotella 5w40 T6 at Advanced Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swung by advanced auto on the way home from picking up my 2 yo daughter from daycare. She asked if we could go buy oil (she likes oil what can I say). I needed an oil filter so I stopped in. She grabbed a gallon of Rotella 5w40 like she always does (she knows my brand). I noticed that it was the new T6 formulation so I picked up a gallon even though they are $3 more than Walmart. I asked the guy when it came in and just shrugged and said they've carried it for years. I don't have a digital camera at the moment so you will just have to take my word for it
grin2.gif

Last edited:
After working for Advance PT for a few months now, I can tell you it's really not his fault. None of the ordering is done manually, no one seems to adjust the mins and maxes so they get stuff they don't need and never get enough of what they really need. It just shows up on pallets once a week without rhyme or reason, sad really! He would never have known it was the new formulation unless he stocked the shelf and noticed the label.

Originally Posted By: lipadj46
I swung by advanced auto on the way home from picking up my 2 yo daughter from daycare. She asked if we could go buy oil (she likes oil what can I say). I needed an oil filter so I stopped in. She grabbed a gallon of Rotella 5w40

That 2-year-old's gotta have some serious muscles on her. Are you training her to be a weight lifter?
55.gif

You would be surprised what a 2 year can pick up/drag, climb up on, open, crawl into etc. It's a pretty fun age.

Last edited:
Great News! Will have to pick some up, being a GRP-IV true Synthetic.

Can't wait to try it in my Honda Metropolitan...
20.gif

What's That? Does that say 'JASO-MA' on the back label?

No Way! Really? They finally did it?

Last edited:
$23 at advanced auto for the 1 gallon jug. We will see how much Walmart and Autozone sell it for. Hopefully this will give the Mobil 1 TDT a run for its money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lipadj46
We will see how much Walmart and Autozone sell it for.

Walmart recently increased the price of Rotella 1-gallon jugs from $19 to 19.50, at least in my area. Still same old Rotella on the shelf though, but I'm guessing the price increase was made in anticipation of T6 hitting the shelves soon.

I find it "convenient" that Shell compares T6 to the CI-4+ flavor of RTS and not the CJ-4 flavor. I'm betting T6 would not look as improved if compared to their own CJ-4 RTS.

Well that's marketing for you. I will be happy if they have improved the basestock so it gives longer drains. They say it is thinner at temp and is good for extended drains so hopefully that means they have changed to a majority group IV basestock.

Originally Posted By: af0h
According to info from the Shell Website, it's now a Group-IV base - so YES! Can't wait to try it!

Me too unfortunately I just changed my oil and I have 2 gallons of the Rotella T and 6 quarts of mobil 1 5w40 TDT (not to mention 5 quarts of syntec 5w40) so the T6 probably will not get used for a year or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back