Auto-RX pictures on website misleading???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with the pictures shown on the site, comparing before and after. You can tell there is an added yellowish/brownish hue to the before pictures by looking at metal that isn't internal or the color of light on the black objects.

Unfortunately, pictures sell more than results... So I would understand, but I really hate how advertising in general uses these subtle twists to convince us to buy the product.

I'm not here to bash Auto-RX, in fact I have used it in the past in an extreme case and it amazingly helped to reduce oil consumption to almost nil. I'd use it more if the cost wasn't so high compared to other alternatives.

I have been reading their site and I was starting to become convinced. It seemed reasonable.

Then they say group IV V ester based motor oils cause leaks.

They lose credibility with such non-sense

Originally Posted By: robnitro
I have a problem with the pictures shown on the site, comparing before and after. You can tell there is an added yellowish/brownish hue to the before pictures by looking at metal that isn't internal or the color of light on the black objects.

Unfortunately, pictures sell more than results... So I would understand, but I really hate how advertising in general uses these subtle twists to convince us to buy the product.

I'm not here to bash Auto-RX, in fact I have used it in the past in an extreme case and it amazingly helped to reduce oil consumption to almost nil. I'd use it more if the cost wasn't so high compared to other alternatives.

You make some good points, look at picture number 5 very carefully, the 1st pic has some kind of a hose and the 2nd pic does not, the more I look at picture number 5, I just keep saying to myself that these are 2 different engines. JMO

Well, since you asked, I think that every positive thing that has been said about the product is a symptom of buyer's remorse. I think that the product does absolutely nothing for an engine. I think that credible data will never be produced to refute these claims. I think that it causes seals to leak. I think that the long term usage scheme of the product is a way to siphon money from people slowly, over time. I think that it is a product that was never meant for cars. I think it does nothing for engines made out of aluminum. I think that it separates from oil in cold conditions. I think it does increase viscosity because of this. I think that it is a product peddled on the internet so the FTC doesn't review it's claims. I think that it is a company with a history of poor customer service. I think that the only 'professionals' who have said positive things about it have been paid. I know that people have been bribed with free product to speak well of it. I know that the product LOST IT'S SPONSORSHIP because the owner didn't know how to act (I don't care what you heard, Frank got run off). I KNOW that most of the people that used to back it were BANNED because of their poor behavior. I know that they tried to sneak back in using new aliases, but their confrontational tone bore them out.

And you, well I think you have an axe to grind. Well buddy, so do I.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Well, since you asked, I think that every positive thing that has been said about the product is a symptom of buyer's remorse.

I had so much buyers remorse that I bought 4 more bottles.

I think that you are a clueless fool.

robnitro.....I noticed the same thing but never said anything. Here are the two pics, straight from the website and unaltered by me:

arx1.jpg

arx1b.jpg

Look at the top pic. The plastic, hoses, and tape (outside of the engine) have a sepia tone applied. The second pic magically looks "normal". A logical person could deduce what is going on here.

They use air brushes on PB Bunnies. The magic of the camera? Or is it the magic of Hollywood? LOL You guys got good eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back