I found a no ethanol station!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For winter storage, I always have a nice drive to outside my ethanol mandated area to fill the Mustang up at a "no ethanol" station. Last year, that station I was using was no longer ethanol-free. I searched some more stations in town and none of them were ethanol-free - and the town isn't in a mandated area.

I found a website that listed all the ethanol-free stations and there's one 30 miles away, and they even advertise they are. It's a nice distance to run with the fuel stabilizer. I'll be sad because I'm parking the car for a four months, but happy that I'll be fueling up with what I want.

I prefer to consume corn in my foods, thanks.

I went back to the site to see what it was. It was a group that is against the mandates and they made a list. Your site didn't have this station listed. The station even promotes the "no ethanol" with the local chamber of commerce. Once I verify whether it does or not, I'll forward that info to the website.

Update: 33 miles to the station. Only Premium was ethanol-free, but I filled up anyway. I'm going to submit the station to that website.

Here in Manitowoc, WI there is are Cenex stations that offer 87 octane with No Ethanol for $.05 more per gallon and the KwikTrip stations offer Premium 92/93 octane with No Ethanol. Interestingly the KwikTrip premium is marketed towards powersports and performance users with tags right on the pumps.

Last edited:
This map is not accurate. There is a chain of texaco's, south of Asheville, that advertises "100% gas. No ethanol. Better mileage". It is the same price as all the majors, and right now is 4 cents more than the cheap no name. ($2.69)

Update: Scored another tank at Kwik Trip in Elkhorn, WI where US12 4-lane ends. I was driving out to Janesville and found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back