The most oil with most moly in it? 0w20 and 0/5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried finding UOA on popular oil i cant seem to find what i want anyone know what oils have the most moly in the 0w20 5w20 0w30 and 5w30 i seem to remember someone having a list somewhere but i cant seem to find it?

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Both Honda's 0W-20 and Toyota's 0W-20 have a lot of Moly in them; approx' 1000 ppm and 900 ppm respectively.
+1 This info was posted recently, the OEM Honda/Toyota Idemitsu(sp) with crazy moly. All you need unless you want ester syn.

Yah i read that's what u need to run 0w20 in a engine speced for 30w per this pdf but it doesnt give a name of oil. It was with gm toyota and honda but i cant find any uoa that have oooples of moly in them

I don't understand, with all the knowledge on this site how people get hung up on one single feature of an oil, it's basestock or a specific add like zink or moly.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I don't understand, with all the knowledge on this site how people get hung up on one single feature of an oil, it's basestock or a specific add like zink or moly.

That is a darn good question, I feel it is people believe or get told that one certain additive makes things better.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie

That is a darn good question, I feel it is people believe or get told that one certain additive makes things better.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
But why?

Originally Posted By: Dieseldoctor
Yah i read that's what u need to run 0w20 in a engine speced for 30w per this pdf but it doesnt give a name of oil.

Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas
Amsoil's ASL 5w30 has pretty close to the same moly as Redline, but the other weights i have no idea.

When did they add this feature? Amsoil has never been known for moly.

Redline is a synthetic and has the most moly, Motul is a syn with moly as well. You could just get some Amsoil and put some moly additive in it....
27.gif

Honda and Toyota (both made in the US by Idemitsu), while not ester based neither is Amsoil. I have it on good authority the Idemitsu oils are PAO/GPIII blends but with their VI's over 200 they are superior to ALL other oils in that regard.

Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas
Amsoil's ASL 5w30 has pretty close to the same moly as Redline, but the other weights i have no idea.

Not that it's important, but ASL 'only' as about 50-80ppm of moly in its formulation. It has way more boron that moly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back