7-11 Gasoline Good, Bad, Top Tier or Forget It !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

Im finally back on BITOG after getting banned off for a few weeks due to very cruel trash talking on here. Anyway I learned my lessons and made a commitment to not mess up these oppurnities again. Moving on, I want to address the quality of 7-11 eleven gasoline and have all of you share your honest opinions, facts, or suggestions based on your peronsal experience. Thank You !

My local 7-11's used to sell Citgo gas. Now they still have the Citgo colors, but no more Citgo sign because no one would buy their gas. Don't know if it's still Citgo or not, but I won't take the chance. I refuse to support Hugo Chavez. I'll drive 5 miles out of my way to buy a different brand of gas, but that's just my opinion.

Well for my 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT, I always use Chevron with Techron Octane 87. It makes my car run smoother, idle quietly, and start more efficently and healthy as well.

Found this in a news article:
Quote:
Thursday, September 28, 2006
7-Eleven Inc. dropped Venezuela-owned Citgo as its gasoline supplier after more than 20 years as part of a previously announced plan by the convenience store operator to launch its own brand of fuel.
Instead, 7-Eleven, which sells gasoline at 2,100 of its 5,300 U.S. stores, will now purchase fuel from several distributors, including Tower Energy Group of Torrance, Calif., Sinclair Oil of Salt Lake City, and Houston-based Frontier Oil Corp.

I'm just fortunate in that there's an overabundance of Shell Stations here in Denver.

Thanks everyone for the reples. I come to the conclusion that 7-11 gas is full of [censored] and that I would advise caution when purchasing the fuel for your vehicle. Stick to Top Tier gasoline and your vehicle will be happy!

Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
Thanks everyone for the reples. I come to the conclusion that 7-11 gas is full of [censored] and that I would advise caution when purchasing the fuel for your vehicle. Stick to Top Tier gasoline and your vehicle will be happy!
Interesting conclusion.

I'd be happy to buy Sinclair products if they were in this part of the country.

The 7-11's around here that have gas put stickers on every pump that says "We do not sell Citgo Gasoline"..

I guess Chavez gave them a black eye..

I think the 7-11's in my area use CITGO. Like some users here, I will not buy CITGO gas. My reason goes back over 30 years ago when I got some CITGO gas in the middle of a cold PA winter and my gas line froze up. It was a memorable experience getting the line thawed, and I promised myself I would not buy CITGO or any other "off" brand of gasoline.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but living near a large southeastern fuel distribution point, I can tell you with assurance that gasoline is now a purely generic commodity and that the "additive pack addition" is simply a marketing ploy. Whatever the sign says at your retail purchase location, you will have NO idea which refinery produced the product you are buying, nor should it make any difference to you.

7/11 dropped citgo in 2006. Any remnants of citgo branding around the pumps are just because 7/11 is cheap and lazy.

I actually seek out citgo. I'm a pinko.
28.gif
Although, seriously, on a world market, it's just a licensed name and makes extremely little difference. The best way to show "them", and it's a collatoral them that includes Canada, Russia and the Middle East, (pick your favorite) is to use less gas in general. Just switching stations without changing personal consumption is a very poorly supported self-back-patting scheme.

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products? In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices.
Shouldn't we return the favor?
An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco..........................0 barrels
Conoco.........................0 barrels
0A Sinclair.......................0 barrels
BP / Phillips................. 0 barrels
Hess..............................0 barrels
ARC0.............................0 barrels
Maverick........................0 barrels
Flying J.........................0 barrels
Valero..........................0 barrels
Murphy Oil USA*.........0 barrels
*Murphy is sold at Wal-Mart , their gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced. *Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens..

The following gas companies DO import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell..................................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco..................... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil......................... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway............. 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco................................... 62,231,000 barrels
And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela, whose dictator, Hugo Chavez, hates America and openly avows our economic destruction. (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues.)

Never understood why some wont buy Citgo but then have no problem with buying all kinds of [censored] from China.
21.gif

No only do we NOT know which refinery produced the gasoline, we do not know the source of the crude oil that came to the refinery unless we I.D. each ship that unloads and follow the crude through the pipelines. A load of crude in a tankship might be bought and sold several times during the voyage. The refinery must use the crude from certain geographic areas, because their processes and tankage are set up for that certain crude's chemical composition. Other than that, we just don't know. Do we know if a tanker is full of Saudi crude or Kuwaiti crude?...nope, not unless we can check the paperwork.

We also do not know which regional refiners supply each national brand of retailers in different geographic localities. 7-11 in Fort Worth is certainly supplied by different suppliers than 7-11 in Chicago or Los Angeles, etc. And, they may change suppliers each time the contract is up for renewal. And, the suppliers buy, sell, and borrow product from each other.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Never understood why some wont buy Citgo but then have no problem with buying all kinds of [censored] from China.
21.gif

I didn't realize the two were mutually exclusive concepts.....?

Originally Posted By: lexus114

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products? In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices.
Shouldn't we return the favor?
An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco..........................0 barrels
Conoco.........................0 barrels
0A Sinclair.......................0 barrels
BP / Phillips................. 0 barrels
Hess..............................0 barrels
ARC0.............................0 barrels
Maverick........................0 barrels
Flying J.........................0 barrels
Valero..........................0 barrels
Murphy Oil USA*.........0 barrels
*Murphy is sold at Wal-Mart , their gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced. *Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens..

The following gas companies DO import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell..................................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco..................... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil......................... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway............. 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco................................... 62,231,000 barrels
And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela, whose dictator, Hugo Chavez, hates America and openly avows our economic destruction. (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues.)

I buy Marathon/Speedway, Sunoco....and sometimes get Shell also.

I was under the impression that Marathon got most of it's crude from SA, the far east and other areas outside the mideast. I know they as a corporation dont do any exploring/in house crude production in the mid east. Just curious where the imported barrel numbers come from and kind of surprised that Marathon imports that much crude from the ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back