Can you use B12 Chemtool as an induction cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if B12 Chemtool carburetor fuel injector and fuel system cleaner can be fed into the throttle body like seafoam? I usually use seafom but I hear much about B12 chemtool also.

For me it goes into my parts washer
56.gif

It gets flushed down into the cylinders and out the exhaust. My top end is relatively clean (did my head gaskets last summer) I just use the induction cleaner as maintenance. Works great and has no ill effects as far as I can see. Just had the oil pan off last weekend and my cylinders looked great.

I had an O2 sensor go bad and my truck ran rich for a week. I want to do an induction cleaning to flush things out. The only thing that works better is taking off the cylinder heads and cleaning them manually and I am not going to do that.

Either will work, I would probably dump the B12 chemtool into the gas tank, and use Seafoam (in the form of a can of deep creep) for the actual intake cleaning. I'd just be scared of using liquid seafoam on the slight off chance of hydrolocking the engine.

B12 Chemtool is full of very strong solvents, so I wouldn't want to risk damaging any coatings in the air plenum.

Originally Posted By: ionbeam22
Either will work, I would probably dump the B12 chemtool into the gas tank, and use Seafoam (in the form of a can of deep creep) for the actual intake cleaning. I'd just be scared of using liquid seafoam on the slight off chance of hydrolocking the engine.

B12 Chemtool is full of very strong solvents, so I wouldn't want to risk damaging any coatings in the air plenum.

I have used the liquid seafoam as an induction cleaner a few times. You just need to trickle it in slow over about 30 minutes or the entire can.

Seafoam is safe for this (says right on the can...) but B-12 CHEMTOOL is not.......at least, it's not notated on the can, and I don't think I'd recommend it
wink.gif
Since yea......it's got some high solvency to it.....could mess up your plenum.....may be better off with Seafoam for this avenue......OR, take a look at berryman's products....I believe they sell a kit/product for the induction cleaning.....just have not seen it in store......likely something you have to order thru them....

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Seafoam is safe for this (says right on the can...) but B-12 CHEMTOOL is not.......at least, it's not notated on the can, and I don't think I'd recommend it
wink.gif
Since yea......it's got some high solvency to it.....could mess up your plenum.....may be better off with Seafoam for this avenue......OR, take a look at berryman's products....I believe they sell a kit/product for the induction cleaning.....just have not seen it in store......likely something you have to order thru them....

It depends which can. The one meant for the fuel tank or the one can that has a spray nozzle. B-12 Chemtool has both but, I never personally used the spray nozzle stuff. I am not sure what it is intended for.

Originally Posted By: ludey

It depends which can. The one meant for the fuel tank or the one can that has a spray nozzle. B-12 Chemtool has both but, I never personally used the spray nozzle stuff. I am not sure what it is intended for.

I'm pretty sure the B12 in the spray can was originally meant for spraying directly into carburetors and throttle bodies and such.

I detest pouring anything but water down an intake.

Without question, manually cleaning things [TB, IAV, etc.] is far far better.

If an engine is truly horrid, maybe something can be improved by solvents in the intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back