MMO - I Almost Hate To Admit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read it quickly, it is literature from a company, sales data.

How about my piston ring question, could it handle the explosion and not be blown off? How about worn cam lobes, or worn lifters?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jonny-b
c3po,

I understand that members here would like to see proof, and that is what we all would like to.
The problem is that today, you have the possibility to manipulate virtually all the info, to what you like(including pictures).

In regard to the Cermax tread, a couple of years ago, I was one of the first to order it.
At that time, it was actually working.
What happened later, is only roomers, but it was not the same product being sold all the time.

Another thing to consider, is that the places in an engine(or transmission)that is worn most, have the highest friction.
RVS needs friction and heat, to react with the metal surfaces.
This is the way this additive will tell which metal parts are worn and which parts are not worn.

But, there are also other things to take into consideration, like:

The size of the active particles of the RVS compound is appr. 1 to 20 µm, so make sure that they can pass the oil filter. For instance, in some automobiles too effective filters are used, if you look at their function from the point of view of the effectiveness of the RVS Technology®.

The RVS Technology® products start modifying the surfaces only if there is friction energy available caused by a contact of the surfaces. The first treatment is recommended to start with an old oil that no longer protects the surfaces from their mutual contacts as well as a new one.

jonny-b, I am sorry but this RVS Product sounds alot like Slick50, I just cannot see 10 milliliters of the stuff that someone would use a syringe to put it in there engine to do any type of good. Is this stuff going to flow through engine parts that may have varnish or sludge on them.

Again this product reminds me of Cermax, I remember reading the thread and all we saw were claims with no testing. If members are going to spend $110.00 I think they deserve some real data. It just seems like you are throwing smoking mirrors at us here.

I do have some knowledge about worn engine parts from what I have read and on my own observations. Engine parts get worn because of lack of lubrication, we have many oil additives here in the U.S. that will clean an engine or keep it clean. If the engine is clean then oil can travel everywhere in an engine to lubricate all of the parts.

So you have a product here that can repair or you claim it can repair worn metal, but we need a product to prevent the worn metal from happening, if you do not fix the problem you will continue to have metal parts that will get worn.

The other problem with this product is that many of the engines today are made of aluminum, I know here I go again about aluminum. Aluminum is a soft metal and it is porous, it is not a perfectly smooth surface, so 10 ml. of this RVS Product is going to flow over these uneven surfaces, and the fact that varnish and sludge are harder to get off of aluminum because it is a softer metal. You say this RVS Product is heat activated, sounds like another oil additive on here that needs heat activation. Aluminum dissapates heat almost 5 times faster than cast iron, so I see a problem here.

I also did not think it was cool to attack AD, sure he has not used this RVS Product, but I see an attack on a member as a way to divert from the question of whether this is a good product or not. I think we are all tired of members being attacked when they question a product, it shows that someone may be hiding something.

This was originally an MMO Thread, I use the product because a member on this board recommended it, I post my observations about the product and leave it up to everyone else to decide whether or not to use it. I recently responded in another oil additive thread, I researched it and saw that it was a good product, just about every oil additive we discuss on this board has been used by many members who post there observations from years of experience, we have nothing with this RVS Product except some sales pitch from the company.

We here at BITOG want hard facts and unbiased data, we do not want attacks and smoking mirrors, we are all waiting for hard proof.

Hi.
I was just telling to not making bold statements about what you don't know anything about.

As I have mentioned here at BITOG, testing IS being done with this product, but I did not want to start a tread, before testing is done.

I was just telling my experience with it, and that it looks and feels like their claims are correct.

When the testing is done, I can "prove" that it is working.

That's it.

I didn't see it as bold statements either, just asking about something that goes against common knowledge.

I'll ask again since I'm curious too:

How about my piston ring question, could it handle the explosion and not be blown off? How about worn cam lobes, or worn lifters?

Can it replace that metal and get those areas working properly if they're worn out?

Thanks

c3po, I can see by the way you are asking questions to me, that you haven't even read the info at their homepage.

Why do you expect me to enlighten you, when you don't want any information?

RVS Technology isn't another magic formula; it's an ordinary chemical reaction to produce a different type of surface material; metal ceramic.

Last edited:
c3po, I can see by the way you are asking questions to me, that you haven't even read the info at their homepage.

Why do you expect me to enlighten you, when you don't want any information?

RVS Technology isn't another magic formula; it's an ordinary chemical reaction to produce a different type of surface material; metal ceramic.

jonny-b, I read the website twice, I take back my statement that this stuff is like Slick 50, actually this stuff is exactly like a product we have here called Z-Max, I Googled this RVS Product and I found an Acura Legend Forum where they said this stuff had a similar MSDS as Z-Max.

If this product really works then engine rebuilders will be going out of business and our engines will last 2,000,000 miles. As far as tests go they can be manipulated. If someone has a worn lifter are you saying this RVS Product will bring the lifter back to factory spec so that the valves open and close perfectly. Is this ceramic compound going to be as strong and hard as the metal it repairs or replaces.

When I Googled RVS I only found one page of threads, how long has this product been in business.

I think you talked about some engine tear down, were there any pics.

The problem with metal ceramic or pouring this RVS Product is that it can be hit or miss.

Now my curiosity is up and running. Kind of reminds me of that bitron thread a few months back.

Both c3po and demarpaint bring up good points. And what about the latter's questions?

Will it fix worn piston rings, cam lobes, lifters? How about scratches in a cylinder wall? Then again, Restore claims to do that one. And for alot less money.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Now my curiosity is up and running. Kind of reminds me of that bitron thread a few months back.

Both c3po and demarpaint bring up good points. And what about the latter's questions?

Will it fix worn piston rings, cam lobes, lifters? How about scratches in a cylinder wall? Then again, Restore claims to do that one. And for alot less money.

Exactly, Restore fills tiny scratches and grooves. For some people I know it helped, then when they changed the oil the effects were soon gone. Many of our oil additives increase compression by making a tighter ring seal, and the engine feels more peppier, idles better and can get better mpgs. Others clean things up like ring packs and accomplish similar results.

What has my interest is how this product with ceramic and metal can actually repair damage, permanently in an engine. As if it is welded forever in place, where ever wear exists restoring a worn engine to good running condition. If this is really true, then the 10.2% unemployment rate will go even higher, because parts suppliers, machinists, and engine rebuilders will be out of work, perhaps even more people in the automotive sector. Does it show results? Probably but the permanent repair of damaged parts is a stretch for me. JMO

From the RVS website - "Every object to be treated is unique. That is why it is not necessary to promise too much as so many factors can affect the final result."

Hopefully their proof reader wasn't on the engineering staff.

It's an escape route if it fails to work. "factors beyond our control kept it from working as designed...."

Last edited:
1) Cermet
2) RVS
3) Tufoil
4) Xentx
5) FFi MPG-Caps
6) Cermax
7) Ca40 fuel additive
8) Motorsilk
9) drfuelmax
10) Motormaxeurope
11) QMI
12) STP Oil Treatment
13) Xado
14) Militec

I looked through all of jonny-b's old posts and found out that he has used all of these additives, the Motormaxeurope is a cooling system additive. I am just wondering why someone would go from one additive to another. I would think if any of these additives were good that you would at least stick with one of them.

I am counting 10 oil additives, 1 cooling system additive, and 3 gas additives. It just looks like lets try any new oil additive that comes out.

If this is a hobby to find the best oil additive that is fine, but I am under the impression that everytime you mention a new oil additive that your using or testing that it won't be long before we see you testing another oil additive.

I like to find an oil additive and try to stick with it, I have only used 2 oil additives since I have been here on BITOG.

All you guys demanding "proof" from us users of these additives are acting like witch hunters.

How are we supposed to provide proof of anything to you?

You really should ask the manufacturers to provide you with the proof that you so vehemently demand from us users.

It's not fair to make such demands from regular people on the internet just trying to explain our experiences with oil additives.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: c3po
I remember when Demarpaint recommended that I use 16 ounces of MMO 500 miles before my oil change on my El Camino. He told me that I would notice a difference as soon as I put it in and drove the car, I really did not believe him but I said to myself this MMO has worked great in the fuel so I will give it a shot.

When I went to pour the 16 ounces of MMO in my engine I was shaking like a leaf, saying to myself this is crazy putting MMO in my engine. My fears turned to joy as I pulled out of the driveway, the engine had more pep and it was smoother running.

When I did my oil change 500 miles later I did not add MMO to the oil as Demarpaint had said to use MMO 500 miles before my next oil change, the engine did not feel the same, so I ended up draining half a quart of oil and adding 16 ounces of MMO to the oil. This engine just seems to like MMO for whatever reason.

I also added 16 ounces of MMO to my Marauder 500 miles before my oil change and I did notice it was a tad smoother and a bit more responsive. I now use MMO in both cars using about 10% of my oil volume with MMO.

I will always be forever greatful to Demarpaint for recommending MMO to me.

I was trying to ease you into using it that's all, you can certainly run it for the full OCI, especially in an engine you suspect to be dirty, or during the winter months for easier starting. Many people comment on how much more pep an engine has with it added. I wonder if they sold it for $30 a qt internet or mail order only if more people here would try it?

You being forever greatful brings a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. LOL, Want to buy a bridge? J/K, glad I was able to help!

I bet they would because at that price or exclusivity it has to be good.

Originally Posted By: c3po
1) Cermet
2) RVS
3) Tufoil
4) Xentx
5) FFi MPG-Caps
6) Cermax
7) Ca40 fuel additive
8) Motorsilk
9) drfuelmax
10) Motormaxeurope
11) QMI
12) STP Oil Treatment
13) Xado
14) Militec

I looked through all of jonny-b's old posts and found out that he has used all of these additives, the Motormaxeurope is a cooling system additive. I am just wondering why someone would go from one additive to another. I would think if any of these additives were good that you would at least stick with one of them.

I am counting 10 oil additives, 1 cooling system additive, and 3 gas additives. It just looks like lets try any new oil additive that comes out.

If this is a hobby to find the best oil additive that is fine, but I am under the impression that everytime you mention a new oil additive that your using or testing that it won't be long before we see you testing another oil additive.

I like to find an oil additive and try to stick with it, I have only used 2 oil additives since I have been here on BITOG.

I guess that you have seen then, that I don't recommend all of these additives?
I have noticed improvements from Cermax, RVS and Militec1.
And Auto-RX also fixed a leaking gasket.

However, what I have also said, is that RVS is the best I have tried, and it also fixed a mechanical problem.

Last edited:
The reason to why I were testing these additives, c3po, was because at that time, me and my wife were driving a lot and I had the money to try these products.

Since new products are developed, it would not be the smartest thing to stick to one product, and reject all others.

Some times, better products can be brought to the market, and it would be sad if everyone are so stuck with "their product", that they will never try a new one.

It is called development.

Since new products are developed, it would not be the smartest thing to stick to one product, and reject all others.

Some times, better products can be brought to the market, and it would be sad if everyone are so stuck with "their product", that they will never try a new one.

I agree, and that is the only way to possibly find a better oil, filter, or additive for anyone interested in additives. I am guilty of trying other products, but for me I always seem to go back to olde faithful. I plan on trying Bio Tech Engine Protectant from Lubegard. The company has a good track record with their transmission products, and based on people who have tried it with positive results I'll give it a shot. Their claims are not out rageous. I spoke with one of their top chemists yesterday and we had a good conversation and a few laughs. A few questions I asked about his product he told me it couldn't do, straight up and honest.

I tend to look for claims that are realistic sounding and not something that defies science, common sense, or a 25% increase or more in mpgs, restores engines to like new conditions, or similar claims. There was one claim that was brought up in the additive section about a ship making the same trip in less time at the same engine speed, and the company was taking credit because of their additive. The only way that could happen would be if the wind and tide were playing into it. That would be like saying a car making a 50 mile trip at 50 miles an hour, constant speed no changes makes it in 45 minutes because of an oil additive. They won't see a dime of my money.

Additives that claim to reduce friction and wear, clean an engine, aid in cold start protection or similar I consider. Then I seek positive testimony from people who tried it and then maybe I'll take the plunge.

When an additive can be poured into an engine and re-build or recondition it, maybe we can call it BITOG Miracle Oil. until then it would have to be proven to me, and the astute members of this board. Then they'd have a sale. JMO

The reason to why I were testing these additives, c3po, was because at that time, me and my wife were driving a lot and I had the money to try these products.

Jonny-b, I just feel you are going to come back to us in 6 months or another year and say I am using this oil additive now and it is the best oil additive I have ever used, you seem to have a track record of putting different oil additives in your cars, some that I have never even heard of.

You say that better products come to the market, it seems to me that you find some new oil additive and you just have to try it, you spend a bunch of money on it, the products you show us really do not have any tests that mean anything.

The value of these discussions is in the sharing of information. We've seen some come to this section and state they would never use an additive. They are of the opinion that everything you need is in motor oil already.

Others like to believe there is a chance that an improvement can be made by using a specialized product. This thread was started because someone wanted to share their experience with MMO. Others might be curious if they would get the same results by using MMO so perhaps they will try it as well, then report back their findings.

MMO was introduced in 1923. Seems odd that we're still debating it's value today.

Well I think more UOA with MMO going the distance and not causeing any spikes in wear metals or any drastic changes to TBN would go a long way to reducing peoples fears. It is not like it is easy to put something called "Marvels Mystery Oil" into and $40K car especialy when it smells like mint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back