Another Cooper CS4 customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
I have a set of V-rated CS4s on my Park Avenue, which is a car that is notoriously sensitive to imbalance or runout. They are fine. Mine were balanced on a Hunter roadforce machine, though. The weights were mostly 0.5 or 0.75. There was one inboard side that took a 1.5.

Over the last six years, I've bought 5.5 sets of Cooper tires, and they all have balanced OK. The all-season passenger car tires didn't take very much weight. A couple winter tires and one LT-metric tire took some pretty big weights, though.

I can't see/feel any radial or lateral runout on any of the 22 tires.

That is good to know...

I installed a set of Cooper CS4 Touring (H rated) on my PT Cruiser last fall. They replaced a set of Goodyear Tripletreads that went from fantastic to rough riding and unbelievably noisy at 43,000 miles. The Coopers are the quietest tires I've had on the car (original Goodyears, a set of Kumhos and the Tripletreads). They handle and ride great and performed admirably in the snow (and we had LOTS of it last winter!). Granted, they only have about 12,000 miles and the true test comes past the 20,000 mile mark for treadwear and noise but so far I'm more than happy with them.

I ordered CS4's today too. It was down to that or Yoko Avid TRZs. It was $1 difference, and the tire guy (a friend) recommended to CS4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back