MMO - I Almost Hate To Admit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: c3po

I jumped on a member here for recommending Berryman's B-12, I called it every name in the book, I was called a troll, the member who called me a troll was right, because I had never used Berryman's B-12, if I have never used B-12 then I had absolutely no business posting about it. You are doing the exact same thing here, trolling.

You find one place or quote where I have bashed MMO. I have an open mind toward the product because everyone says it works. That isn't enough, though. I'm here asking if anyone has anything other than gut feelings to back up their claims.

I waited 2.5 years before trying ARX because I wanted measured results. After enough, I gave it a go.

You can call me a troll if you wish but that just makes you look insecure. Questioning a product is not the same as bashing/trolling. If I were a troll I'd be here telling people their engine will blow up if they use MMO.

Your personal attack/name calling is what should be banned on this forum but feel free to continue.

I find it interesting that you would actually place demands upon other people to provide you with not only opinions and experiences, but also hard data to help you finally decide to try out a $23 product.

Who are you to stand back for 2.5 years and demand that ARX users "help you out" with the results of their ability to not be afraid?

And then for you to act smugly about yet another product that you could easily try out yourself and perhaps provide some "data" to other reluctant BITOGers. Why must you always sit on the fence and wait for other people to spend their hard earned cash and valuable time to help YOU make up your mind?

Maybe you could contribute to the experimental stage for once.

What gives you the right the play Doubter every time? That role should be passed around once in a while, it's only fair.

IMO ring packs are an easy part of an engine to clean, seems varnish is the tough guy. MMO cleans both. A-rX has its positive and negative attributes, I wouldn't be so eager to sell MMO short.

These people posting positive experiences are not crazy, and really have nothing to prove to someone in doubt. Maybe the person in doubt should prove the product doesn't work.

I've read enough positive things to believe A-rX works to some degree. For me there are other products that offer the same benefit for less. To each his own!

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto

You find one place or quote where I have bashed MMO. I have an open mind toward the product because everyone says it works. That isn't enough, though. I'm here asking if anyone has anything other than gut feelings to back up their claims.

I waited 2.5 years before trying ARX because I wanted measured results. After enough, I gave it a go.

You can call me a troll if you wish but that just makes you look insecure. Questioning a product is not the same as bashing/trolling. If I were a troll I'd be here telling people their engine will blow up if they use MMO.

Your personal attack/name calling is what should be banned on this forum but feel free to continue.

I find it interesting that you would actually place demands upon other people to provide you with not only opinions and experiences, but also hard data to help you finally decide to try out a $23 product.

Who are you to stand back for 2.5 years and demand that ARX users "help you out" with the results of their ability to not be afraid?

And then for you to act smugly about yet another product that you could easily try out yourself and perhaps provide some "data" to other reluctant BITOGers. Why must you always sit on the fence and wait for other people to spend their hard earned cash and valuable time to help YOU make up your mind?

What gives you the right the play Doubter every time? That role should be passed around once in a while, it's only fair.

ah, another defensive post. Please point out where I have demanded anything. I asked if it was out there. Why get defensive? Just say, "no, there is no quantifiable data out there for you to look at."

I would then say, thanks. I'll wait until there is some available, like I have been.

Just to kill this made up stuff you are spouting I demanded nothing from ARX users, either. I waited until enough information was available to make a decision. That isn't a demand of anything.

Why go to the lingths to twist words and make up stuff to attack me? I have made no such attacks on anyone else. If you didn't like my sarcasm, that is your problem, too.

Last edited:

I missed this little gem. I have put my money where my mouth is before. People doubted Royal Purple so I shelled out the money to run it several OCIs and post the UOA. I have done tons of research for those who have the FNR5 ATX and helped direct people towards products that were suitable for use the FNR5. I went out and bought OEM Mazda fluid and provided all the information so people would know what they are looking for.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you'll just make up something else that isn't true instead of sticking to the facts.

I don't believe the MSDS shows all of its chemical make up though as with most of other motor oils. Composition and formulation are two different things.

Originally Posted By: c3po

I jumped on a member here for recommending Berryman's B-12, I called it every name in the book, I was called a troll, the member who called me a troll was right, because I had never used Berryman's B-12, if I have never used B-12 then I had absolutely no business posting about it. You are doing the exact same thing here, trolling.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[

I missed this little gem. I have put my money where my mouth is before. People doubted Royal Purple so I shelled out the money to run it several OCIs and post the UOA. I have done tons of research for those who have the FNR5 ATX and helped direct people towards products that were suitable for use the FNR5. I went out and bought OEM Mazda fluid and provided all the information so people would know what they are looking for.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you'll just make up something else that isn't true instead of sticking to the facts.

Well, then, may hat's off to you for contributing.

badtic - You have read hundreds of threads about MMO?
And the best you can do is compare [ pro or con?] their results with those who believed the earth was flat?
That is embarrassingly weak.
[BTW, from observing eclipses, the shape of the sun and moon, the horizon's curvature, and how objects got lower or out of sight as you moved away showed most people that the earth was not flat. And 3,000 years ago Isaiah spoke of the sphere of the world]

I have read far less than you claim to and have do doubt as to MMO's attributes.
I have a very clear picture.
No miracles, but very useful.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
No miracles, but very useful.

Nicely said sir! I'll add the product works as advertised. It will not rebuild a worn out engine, nor replace metal. Some of us would like to believe that a liquid can be poured into an engine and suddenly years of neglect, abuse, or just wear will suddenly be reversed, and metal surfaces will be restored to new in spec tolerances. It ain't happening, not with MMO or some product marketed on the other side of the world, or Mars for that matter. It will work as a UCL, it will clean an engine up, remove sludge and varnish slowly, keep seals pliable, and it will aid in cold winter starts. I've had it quiet fuel pumps, and free up a gas gauge. Best $5 additive around IMO, and from using it.

Miracle in a bottle NO, it is Marvel Mystery Oil, not Marvel Miracle Oil.

Hi, ADFD1.

It have been mentioned here before, that one should not make bold statements about products one haven't been testing personally.
Based on this, I will claim that there are products that will bring metal surfaces back to new spec tolerances.

I have tried it, and you haven't, that's the difference.

Otherwise, I think your writings are informative and interesting.

Have you torn an engine down and taken measurements before and after a treatment? Would the company be willing to send me a sample to test, as they did you? I have a very open mind, and a father & family members with engineering backgrounds. As a side note I was speaking in general terms and not singling anything out, so a defensive stance is not needed here. I find your writings informative as well.

So you want someone to tear down their engine and take measurements to prove to you that the product does rebuild worn surfaces?

Why would someone spend $110 on a product designed to prevent having to tear down an engine and rebuild it go and tear down that same engine with the expensive treatment in it just to prove to YOU that the product works, especially knowing that you WILL NOT ever try the product?

How did the company prove to you the product rebuilds worn surfaces? I'm not asking anyone here to tear an engine down, I think most members agree you can't rebuild worn surfaces by pouring an additive in.

I as most of the members here work pretty hard for my money, so before I pay $110 for anything I would like some proof of their claims. I think I am being reasonable and fair. As far as testing the product, I can be fair and honest. But yes at $110 I don't see myself trying it. Now if they want to send a sample sure I'll give it a go.

You mentioned here Quote: Why would someone spend $110 on a product designed to prevent having to tear down an engine and rebuild it go and tear down that same engine with the expensive treatment in it just to prove to YOU that the product works, especially knowing that you WILL NOT ever try the product?

There are many products that can help reduce engine wear, make an engine last longer, and extend opreational life. I'm not desputing that, its the replace worn metal that has me doubting. Proof is always nice, it helps people make an educated decision.

I wish one of the resident oil experts or engineers weigh in here. Maybe explain how worn rings and valve guides can be restored. The worn metal added back and stay there with an additive. I'd certainly be less of a skeptic.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
Hi, ADFD1.

It have been mentioned here before, that one should not make bold statements about products one haven't been testing personally.
Based on this, I will claim that there are products that will bring metal surfaces back to new spec tolerances.

I have tried it, and you haven't, that's the difference.

Otherwise, I think your writings are informative and interesting.

I think that AD and many other members here just want to see proof that the product will bring metal surfaces back to new spec tolerances. I also think that members are not interested in hearing about claims, many members here can recall what happened with the Cermax thread a few years ago, they saw more claims than proof that the product did anything.

We have all heard about oil additives that will clean up an engine or maybe even given us less friction. I think some of us are having a hard time believing that a product you pour into your engine which is obviously a liquid is going to find the worn part and restore it.

My question is how will this additive tell which metal parts are worn and which metal parts are not worn.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Have you torn an engine down and taken measurements before and after a treatment? Would the company be willing to send me a sample to test, as they did you? I have a very open mind, and a father & family members with engineering backgrounds. As a side note I was speaking in general terms and not singling anything out, so a defensive stance is not needed here. I find your writings informative as well.

Hi, AFDF1.
As I mentioned, I contacted some Swedish users of it.
One of them actually tore down his engine, and could see with his own eyes, what was causing his engine to perform so much better than before(a visible layer of ceramic coating).
The company did NOT send me a sample to test.
I have BOUGHT it from them, with my own money.

As always, I like to see whether things are working as intended.
My father is an engineer.

I have some questions too. I'm trying to visualize this myself, and not bashing. Seems a lot of people are on the defense, so I want to clear the air, I am asking questions here. Where did he see the ceramic coating attach itself to the metal?

A piston ring has a chip in it, this product will fill the chip and stay in place each time the plug fires causing an explosion in the cylinder and not knock the ceramic coating out, exposing the chip or defect. It would weld itself in place as strong as the original metal? I have other examples, but that one seems good enough for now.

I'm having a hard time believing this. You have a lot of money riding on it, to be testing it at your expense, I wish you well. There are products that plate small scratches in cylinder walls but have to be re-applied because they wash and wear off, I don't see how anything can fix that ring I'm using for an example. Even if it were worn evenly, first explosing and the coating replacing the worn metal is history.

c3po,

I understand that members here would like to see proof, and that is what we all would like to.
The problem is that today, you have the possibility to manipulate virtually all the info, to what you like(including pictures).

In regard to the Cermax tread, a couple of years ago, I was one of the first to order it.
At that time, it was actually working.
What happened later, is only roomers, but it was not the same product being sold all the time.

Another thing to consider, is that the places in an engine(or transmission)that is worn most, have the highest friction.
RVS needs friction and heat, to react with the metal surfaces.
This is the way this additive will tell which metal parts are worn and which parts are not worn.

But, there are also other things to take into consideration, like:

The size of the active particles of the RVS compound is appr. 1 to 20 µm, so make sure that they can pass the oil filter. For instance, in some automobiles too effective filters are used, if you look at their function from the point of view of the effectiveness of the RVS Technology®.

The RVS Technology® products start modifying the surfaces only if there is friction energy available caused by a contact of the surfaces. The first treatment is recommended to start with an old oil that no longer protects the surfaces from their mutual contacts as well as a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back