Pure One dissection observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Originally Posted By: Nyquist
I've reported this to Advance Auto Parts. Their office is looking into it. It is bad on some filters and not others. The filter for my Malibu all have so much overspray on the bottom that it almost looks yellow.

It should be noted that I will not buy another PureONE until they get that fixed unless it is for my wife's Cobalt which is a canister type.

Now AA is going to switch to carrying Fram
frown.gif
. Thanks a lot
lol.gif

The last l10193 I cut open had the same metal to metal dome end bypass and barely more media than the last PH 3950 I cut open. May not be a big deal. Besides, Honeywell is American owned.

Wouldn't use that filter seeing this picture. No way would I put that on my truck with "grippy paint" where it will get into the engine. "grippy paint" = abrasives in my engine.

Originally Posted By: modularv8
Wouldn't use that filter seeing this picture. No way would I put that on my truck with "grippy paint" where it will get into the engine. "grippy paint" = abrasives in my engine.

Yes, that's how i was seeing it too, grippy paint is the problem.

Originally Posted By: labman
Originally Posted By: Nyquist
I've reported this to Advance Auto Parts. Their office is looking into it. It is bad on some filters and not others. The filter for my Malibu all have so much overspray on the bottom that it almost looks yellow.

It should be noted that I will not buy another PureONE until they get that fixed unless it is for my wife's Cobalt which is a canister type.

Now AA is going to switch to carrying Fram
frown.gif
. Thanks a lot
lol.gif

The last l10193 I cut open had the same metal to metal dome end bypass and barely more media than the last PH 3950 I cut open. May not be a big deal. Besides, Honeywell is American owned.

I don't know, I always thought the Purolators had more efficiency and more media area than the Fram and a better dome bypass (metal to metal, more durable), better end plates etc. I don't like dome bypasses, but my filter application doesn't have a bypass in the filter so that makes it easier for me. I can respect wanting to buy an American owned filter brand, and in that case I'd probably go with Champion since I think they are better than Fram, often less expensive, and don't have a dome-end bypass with the E-core. At first I didn't like the E-cores but I've used some of the ACDelco Ecores and they seem to work good.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm not going to screw myself by not using Purolator on my engine I want to last, just because they are owned by a company in a country that generally pays and trains their workers well and gives them good vacation time and health care instead of treating them like disposable garbage.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, another Purolator/oil filter thread taken
32.gif
by an agenda. Puro's are made in the USA, end of story.

Like GA, I laugh at the posters (like above) that say they will NEVER use a P1 because of some pics, (abrasives in engine blah, blah, blah).
lol.gif
Tells me that poster(s) likely never wanted to use them anyway, especially when opening box is the simple solution. Kool, more for me and others that recognize the best bang for the buck in filters.

Funny thing, if they use the Motorcraft it's still made by Puro in the same place by the same ownership, but less efficient.

You do have a point river_rat, Germany is not China or some 3rd world country.

Or the US where the pay scale is way down the list from Germany while the CEOs make 451 times the workers' wages. But I'm off topic again, so I'll stop now.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I find K mart to be too expensive in almost everything since sears took over a few years back

True, however with so many K-Marts going out of business, they have closeout sales. That's how I scored my small stash of P1s... from a store that is being closed. Impulse buy... saw the "Closing" sign and whipped in. About 30 percent off their normal price. Probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back