Fram/Motorcraft made by Racor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys-
Someone posted on another forum that Racor makes the filters for both Motorcraft and Fram. I know that Purolator makes the FL300's and FL820S's I use, and I was always under the impression that Fram (Allied) made their own and sold their own as clones (i.e. QS filters, etc). They were talking about Ford diesels in that thread though. Didn't Racor design the filtering system for the Powerstrokes? Perhaps Racor makes the Purs/Frams for the diesels only?

I'm pretty sure that's it, but only for the Powerstrokes. If you want a proper Powerstroke filter, get the Fram, Motorcraft or the one sold at the Navistar dealers. Most of the other brands try to get around paying for the patent rights found on these filters and there have been some startup problems. Most Quaker State filters are now made by Purolator.
Unless it's an oddball, most aftermarket Motorcraft filters are made by Purolator.

Racor makes the oil and fuel filter for international who then sells them to Ford for the 7.3,6.0, and 6.4 PSD. Fram screws up their own filters.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
And Donaldson designed and makes the air filters for the 6.0L PSD.

Correct Sir!! and for the 99-03 AIS sever duty intake system for the 7.3
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back