I'm putting the Redline 0w30 in today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine from Wild Goose Performance (.com) I dealt with Shawn who was excellent. 0w30 current price is $11.80/Quart from him.

Originally Posted By: tig1
$11.80 a qt. for oil in your daily driver! Tell us your kiddin.

The Delvac 1 costs me $8.08/L after taxes.

It's to help pay for our universal health care.

The oil was only $2.50, but $9.30 went to the government in the form of taxes.

Close enough to true to actually be scary.

It's a hobby and I don't pay for it my mileage does... Otherwise I would probably be on the Mobil train like the rest of you guys...

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

The Delvac 1 costs me $8.08/L after taxes.

I may be wrong but isn't the TBN in the RL much lower than the Delvac 1?

It's not the initial TBN it's how long it holds above 2.0 that counts.

Also because it's a POE based oil it will have a higher TAN number to begin with but don't let that alarm you it's normal.

No doubt TBN retention is important. do we know what oils hold this better than others? I know what I use holds TBN well. What about others?

Last edited:
I think it depends on the application... Some will kill a TBN quicker than others but then the situation is completely reverse in another application. It all goes back to "No 1 best oil" that fits all applications.

Nope...
frown.gif

I'm running the 0w20 now in the Mazda. I will test it at 10k miles, then try their 5w20. The 3 doesn't use any oil too, which makes it better for testing. I have 2,600 on the oil now.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Also because it's a POE based oil it will have a higher TAN number to begin with but don't let that alarm you it's normal.

This is true, but I have a hard time believing the RL will hold the TBN as long as the same oil Doug did 100,000Km OCI's on
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
I've been thinking about selecting a Redline oil to try in my BMW instead of GC...

If only it were as easy to get as GC or Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: rcy
Don't know where you are in Toronto, but JRP Racing in Mississauga (QEW and Winston Churchill) carries Redline, but it was a pricey $13 a litre last time I checked.

With the more favourable exchange rate one can now get it for sure less than $12 at various Redline dealers/retailers in the GTA...not just at Stevie's place.

Originally Posted By: rcy
Also, I can't believe there are 24 pages to a post about some guy putting Redline in his engine...hahaha..

+1
lol.gif

This is true, but I have a hard time believing the RL will hold the TBN as long as the same oil Doug did 100,000Km OCI's on
wink.gif

We will see with my UOA's very soon young grasshopper!
lol.gif

wink.gif

We will see with my UOA's very soon young grasshopper!
lol.gif

Once your UOA's come back, most people who are on the Red Line bandwagon(me included)will get scared and jump off(not me) because you really have to run it for a good 4-5 OCI's for them to look great and not just good. I have always loved moly and want to use RL but that price per quart does bother me and my concience can't justify $9.50/qt price tag. Here I am wasting my $$ on an ridiculously expensive oil while there are people around the world who'd do anything to earn $5 a day. Puts a lot of things in perspective, really.

The way the engine is responding with the oil it has got to churn out good numbers... Nothing has made it this quiet and free-feeling ever!

The way the engine is responding with the oil it has got to churn out good numbers... Nothing has made it this quiet and free-feeling ever!

Then everyone is going to call you out on your butt dynometer or post a big picture of a round pill with the word "placebo" on it.

Originally Posted By: deven

Then everyone is going to call you out on your butt dynometer or post a big picture of a round pill with the word "placebo" on it.

You bet. The human mind easily succums to the to power of persuasion and desire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back