Opinions, Mavic Cross Ride rims...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought them already without looking at reviews first. I hurt my stock front rim and the seam started coming apart. It was weird in that it seemed ok and the next morning I came out and the tire was flat. I looked for punctures and couldn't find any. Then I tried to inflate it and there was a hole too large for the pump to work. I pulled the tire off and there was slime everywhere. I found the culprit, the rim had started to come apart at the seam and put a half inch cut in the tube.

So I go to the LBS and on the advice of the owner bought these rims. They're nice looking. Black with flat spokes. Seem lighter than the stock rims. I converted from the stock freewheel to a cassette I had laying around for a year with a deeper first gear.

Now that I've looked at reviews, it seems people either love them or hate them. I'm nearly 240lbs geared up and I told the owner I would sacrifice a little weight for strength. He assured me these were a great rim and would hold up.

I can't see them being weaker than stock, in fact, I'm sure they're stronger than the $20 rims that came with the bike but not sure if they're worth the $250. Nothing I can do, just looking for opinions.

I've had Mavic's and had zero problems with them. I've got Velomax{10,000 miles so far} and have had zero problems with them so there ya go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back