3 envelopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the new CEO was taking over, he asked the former chief if he could give him any advice. The outgoing CEO said he would leave something useful in the top drawer of the desk.

On his first Monday at the helm, the new CEO opened the top drawer. There was a note and 3 envelopes, numbered 1 through 3. The instructions were to open the envelopes in order as a crisis in business would arise. The new CEO shoved the note and envelopes to the back of the drawer.

Things ran smoothly for 6 to 8 months but then, sure enough, something went haywire and the CEO didn't know what to do. The board of directors wanted answers. He thought, "What the heck." and opened the first envelope.

The note inside said: "Blame the previous management." The CEO made an announcement that the company had hit a bump in the road because of the previous management's activities and that it would all soon be corrected. The board was satisfied that all was well.

Another year passed and sure enough another crisis came. The CEO reached into the top drawer and plucked out the 2nd envelope. The note said "Reorganize/restructure." He now told the board that the company needed a restructuring and that then all would be fine.

All was fine for about 18 months but then all loads of turds were hitting the fan. The CEO anxiously fumbled through the drawer and ripped the 3rd envelope open. This had better be good.

The note inside confused him at first as it said: "Prepare 3 envelopes."

Very close to the truth. I've seen people get promoted before the cost cutting they've made started to be a problem.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Very close to the truth. I've seen people get promoted before the cost cutting they've made started to be a problem.

This is usually the case. I kinda think it's a reward for "pulling it off". I had dialog with one Ford engineer and I asked what do they do with those who are responsible for something like the head cracking 2.9 or the A4LD. He said that they rewarded them for keeping the trains on time where it would have cost more to drop back and punt.

The original "joke" (if you will) was allegedly (iirc) between Nikita Khrushchev and Alexey Kosygin and it only involved two letters.

Blame your predecessor
Draft two letters

Still funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back