ARX & Aluminum Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Bob's testing showed UCL was pretty good. Show us your data.

How about your data? You told us Neutra couldn't be added to oil, the Schaffers people say it can. UCL stays on the store shelf where it belongs when it comes to adding it to oil. I'm not looking to wreck an engine!

Funny post. Netra from Schaeffers is a fuel addittive. Under no circumstances should it be in oil. Maybe we should all put Lucas UCL in our sump oil too?

I'm responding to this. You said Neutra is a fuel add, under no circumstances should it be in oil. Schaeffers said it can be used in oil. Then in a sarcastic tone suggested we should put UCL in the sump. I replied a few posts up.

It appears many people were less than pleased with how A-rX is working, especially in aluminum engines. There are suggestions here to help people clean their engines. At least the way I see it. YMMV

I didn't say add it to oil, you said UCL was no good, Bob thought otherwise.

sprintman, in case you do not remember it was Bob who added a bottle of Neutra along with a quart of ATF in his oil to clean out his engine, the pics I showed on page 1 of this thread are from Bob where he showed before and after pics of his valvetrain. I would think if there was a problem with Neutra in the oil then back in the day Bob would have said something.

I do not know what your agenda is here in this thread, but I know the rest of us want to explore oil additives that will clean up our engines. If arx totaly cleaned out our engines then there would be no need for this thread.

Schaeffer's Neutra is a sponsored product that has been proven to work, in fact an arx moderator who did not get results with arx is now using Neutra in his oil for 1000 miles before his OCI.

I understand that Bob liked Lucas UCL, but I believe that Neutra in the fuel would do just as good of a job of cleaning things up.

We are all entitled to our opinions on Lucas UCL, but sprintman, you were the one that brought Lucas UCL into this thread.

c3po, what was wrong with your p/s that you thought ARX would fix? After ARX did you use something else that 'fixed' it. Was the leak a hose or a seal?

Originally Posted By: Paleomonster
c3po, what was wrong with your p/s that you thought ARX would fix? After ARX did you use something else that 'fixed' it. Was the leak a hose or a seal?

I am sorry Rick20 but I don't know what you are talking about, I have always had success with arx in my powersteering, is there a post of mine you can Cut And Paste in this thread and we can clear up any confusion.

Originally Posted By: c3po
Originally Posted By: Paleomonster
c3po,

I am sorry Rick20...

Busted... Same IP???

ARX made my lifters noisy? [Re: greenaccord02]
c3po

Loc: Maryland Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Ionbeam RX was designed for transmissions. This forum has a search function, use it!

No, it was designed for printing presses. But it does work well in the transmission by all accounts.

greenaccord02 is right arx is an awesome product for the transmission. I did an application except I ran it for 3000 miles instead of 1000 miles, and the trans fluid came out dark, there was also a layer of metallic goo on the bottom of the trans pan, I took that pan off an I put a different one on,I still have the old pan so when I get sometime I will take some pictures and post them. After I changed the fluid it felt like I had a new transmission, and it did run cooler.

I have about 3 ounces of arx that I put in my differential back in December, I had done the Diff application and arx did clean up the gears somewhat, I will be changing this diff fluid in December and hopefully arx will have cleaned more stuff out.

I am also running an ounce of arx in the powersteering, I put this in after a 2nd powersteering application and so far the fluid has stayed brand new looking. The 1st application of arx in the powersteering turned the fluid dark, and the 2nd application had the fluid not coming out quite as dark. With arx in the powersteering I have no whines and it works effortlessly.

I also have a maintenance dose of arx in my other cars Rack and Pinion since a seal leak can be very expensive too fix.

I found one of my old posts about arx in my powersteering, as you can see I am very happy with what arx has done in my:

1) Differential
2) Transmission
3) Powersteering

I am guessing that Paleomonster must have been talking about some other member that had a problem with arx in his powersteering.

Just curious: I was taught to service my transmissions every 25,000-30,000 miles. Fluid is always a little "darker" than fresh fluid in color, and there is some sediment on the bottom of the pan. Nothing out of the ordinary. What's different about a tranny treated with A-rX, over one that has been properly serviced?

A well maintained transmission should stay fairly clean I'd think. Especially if it sees a pan drop, screen change, and new fluid every 25,000-30,000 miles, there's no combustion inside. An engine is another story.

Well maintained transmissions last a very long time. My bet is your friends business sees a lot of neglected units, and then A-rX should help clean'em up.

The guy who does a 25-30K mile pan drop, filter change, and line flush should have no problems with a dirty tranny. But then again, he would be the exception not the norm.

Trans aren't clean long term they get dirty. Very so in hydraulic systems ... heat will degrade the system. A dirty hydraulic system will wear parts out .. a tired system will lose power..feel worn out. Keep your system clean.

A clean system is optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back