Cold pour point of syntec 10w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks.

Anyone know the cold pour point of Castrol Syntec 10w30? or ANY of Castrols oils for that matter?

They dont list them anymore on their MSDS sheets. That used to be where Castrol listed them.

Thanks

thanks guys,

not sure why Castrol doesnt show more info on their data sheets.

Decent oil though.

If I dont run amsoil next year, I'm going to do 6 month changes on syntec. I can't beat Costco's price.

Originally Posted By: aaxb970
Really....why ???

Well personally I have read and heard very good things re; Castrio GTX. Syntec I havent read/heard to many good things.plus the Syntec is very thin oil.

In some weights this is correct.

The 5w30 is pretty thin. If I were to use it, I'd run 10w30 year round. Its average in terms of weight.

It DOES hold its viscosity well, so its a question of going with another oil, and possibly having slightly more shearing but starting as a heavier weight, OR running Syntec, starting out slightly thinner, but having less shear over an OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ryan2022

Who needs detailed information on a product data sheet? We're supposed to be thinking with our dipsticks!

43.gif

Originally Posted By: aaxb970
GTX - 37 C

GTX 10W-30 does NOT have pour point of -37C. On the comparo chart, it's something like -31C.

Originally Posted By: erogers
Originally Posted By: ryan2022

Who needs detailed information on a product data sheet? We're supposed to be thinking with our dipsticks!

43.gif

Thanks Jimmie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back