Discount Tire brand Pathfinder A/T defect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had all four of my Discount Tire Brand Pathfinder A/T tires replaced due to premature dry rot. Had a flat tire in my driveway, and discovered a 1/4" crack/split on the side between treadblocks. Check the other three and one other had a similiar split , other two were cracking. D.T. honored my warranty and replaced with Cooper Discovery H/T's. No hassels at all with them. Tires were less than 2 years old, 12000 miles on them. If you have these tires, inspect them ASAP.

The Coopers are a different type of tire compared to the A/T Pathfinders. Obviously much quieter and softer ride since they are an all-season highway tire. I'm going to suffer this winter, though. The A/T Pathfinders were excellent in the snow, especially since my truck is only 2WD. Hopefully I'll gain back that 2 MPG's I lost with the use of the A/T tires. So far I have only driven 5 miles with the new tires (D.T. to work today), so I'll let you know in about a week.

Wow, I bought the same tires two years ago most likely at the same store as I live in Macomb and I put them on a F150 also.
They have 20k on them. I just went out and checked and they appeared fine. Were the cracks on the sidewall facing out?

My tires may have been made from a bad batch of rubber, hopefully no one else has the same issues. Ronjonz, the two tires with the cracks had them on the outside (facing out) of the sidewall between the treadblocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back