FUZION TIRES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need new tires, saw some Fuzion "HRI" tires at a good price, have no knowledge of or expericen with Fusion tires, are they a decent quality tire? Thanks!

Fuzion is a Bridgestone brand. I put a set on my Olds van last year. Tremendous improvement over the Goodyear tires that were on there. Quiet, smooth, good cornering, nice ride, good traction: they are everything the Goodyear tires were not. Can't beat 'em for the price.

They are made in USA for the most part at Firestone plants. Bridgestone owns Firestone. I have a set on my Mercedes Benz and they seem to be really good tires.

The Fuzion HRI seems to be very similar in traction compare to the Bridgestone Potenta G009, but at a higher noise due to the trend pattern.

It has been around for a few years, so I'd imagine if anything is bad about them it would be all over the Internet by now.

Have a set of Sears' exclusive Bridgestone HP50, also very similar in trend block design (big blocks, Cross trench in every other block on the edge, etc etc) and so far so good. I'd say its traction is slightly less than Dunlop SPA2 but significantly better than most OEM tires. It has been on the front with left/right rotation for 40k miles and only worn out 1/2 of it. The official trendwear rating is 500 and start with 12/32 depth instead of the typical 10/32.

Last edited:
I had them on my wife's VW Golf...they are noisy, especially on concrete roads. Wet grip through the 1st 20k miles was outstanding, but it sharply deteriorated after that.

They are "OK" tires. They are typically rated towards or at the bottom of a "leading consumer magazine's" tests (if that means anything).

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
They are "OK" tires. They are typically rated towards or at the bottom of a "leading consumer magazine's" tests (if that means anything).

That means they are good tires!!!

I personally don't like the HRi or VRi(same tread pattern, different speed rating)

they seam to wear bad, get noisey, and don't seem to last as long as other tires out there.....

that being said, I'm not a total Fuzion party pooper

I happen to LOVE the ZRi's

they are a very quiet, smooth riding tire, with excellent wet and dry performance. These are the kind of tires you can drive 100mph in the rain on the interstate with confidence. However, they seemed to wear exceptional fast too.... well most tires do with me. I can wear out a set of tires in 10-15k miles with a good alignment

Originally Posted By: 38sho
I personally don't like the HRi or VRi(same tread pattern, different speed rating)

they seam to wear bad, get noisey, and don't seem to last as long as other tires out there.....

they are a very quiet, smooth riding tire, with excellent wet and dry performance. These are the kind of tires you can drive 100mph in the rain on the interstate with confidence. However, they seemed to wear exceptional fast too.... well most tires do with me. I can wear out a set of tires in 10-15k miles with a good alignment

When you have to build a cheap tire that are decent quality, something has to give (like wear or noise)

They are basically a brand that Bridgestone came up with to aim at the tuner market of cars.

I guess Bridgestone isn't cool enough for your tuner import, you need something with a funky name.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
They are basically a brand that Bridgestone came up with to aim at the tuner market of cars.

I guess Bridgestone isn't cool enough for your tuner import, you need something with a funky name.

Nope, people want Bridgestone but they don't want to dilute their brand in cheap tires. So they split into high end tires and low end tires.

Odd tire. Looks unidirectional, but isn't.

I put them on my GTI right before I turned it in (lease was up) because they were cheap. They were a bit noisy. OK for a cheap tire, but I generally don't like to skimp on tires.

I had the ZRi (performance, summer-only) on my BMW 318ti for many years and really liked them. More grip that I could ever use, and a great value. I did switch back to an all-season for summer use though because of cost and tread life. I have General Alitmax HPs now and while they are more than suitable, I still miss the tremendous grip of the ZRi on occasion.

Pretty sure the ZRi was made in Japan.

Originally Posted By: 38sho

Agree with all you say.
I had ZRi's on a past car, they were awesome. My father has HRi's, on his Maxima, they're OK... They are noisey, and obviously not as grippy as the Z's. Not a junk tire, but not incredible either.

Noisy but competent tires. Personally I would spend the same or tad more on Kumho or Nexen tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back