2000 Honda Civic Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to put a new set of tires on a 2000 Civic Ex Coupe, (185 65 R14). I recently got the car from my daughter and it has a set of Firestone LH30's on it that have worn pretty well. It's in good shape....since I always did most of the work on it. It has 116K miles on it and I now use it as my commuter, @90 miles round trip a day mostly highway.

I am looking for a good set of all season tires that will be good in the rain, snow & sleet we see here in Maryland. I can get a great price on Firestone FR710's from the dealer but I'm not sure how good they are. The few posts about them at Tire Rack seem OK. Anyone running them and care to offer an opinion? I am also wondering about Cooper CS4's. I can get a decent price on-line, or at Pep Boys, and I have read some of the threads here which seem to be mostly positive.

I have previously run the Yokohama AVID TRZ's on another car and had good luck with them. I would order them again but it never hurts to look at or try something different.

I appreciate any opinions on these or any remommendations on other tires as well.

Can't speak to any of the tires you mentioned. I had set of Yoko Avid Touring, now(S) on an 01 Civic that wore very well, ~70k. I'd recommend them and buy another set.

Replaced them with Gen Altimax HP's, had some good deals/rebates and some good reviews. Seem to be wearing well @ 20k+.

The OE Firestone's were not anything special, ~40k.

I looked on-line at the Yoko Touring-S. They seem very decent and very reasonably priced at a few places. They are one of the tires I'm considering. The wet and snow handling and traction were OK?

Well, never had much experience with snow, but my daughter ran the car in the mountains of NC for college. Fair amount of snow up there and she never had any issues. Hydroplaning resistance seemed good.

I installed a set of 195/60/14 Cooper CS4's last week on my 2000 Elantra. So far, they are very quiet & grippy. They also proved themselves in the 18" snow storm we had this past week. I bought them via www.onlinetires.com for about $54 each + shipping.
I highly recommend them and the $50 cooper rebate is icing on the cake!
Good luck in your search.

Yeah! First BITOG post!

I don't like Firestone Tires, they have had 2 MAJOR national recalls.

My son is running Goodyear Eagles on a 2001 Civic EX in Maryland, they handle great and are wearing good. I like Goodyear tires, they wear great for me. My Nissan Murano will go about 68,000 miles on OEM Goodyears. I got 70,000 miles on my Impala Goodyears also.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I don't like Firestone Tires, they have had 2 MAJOR national recalls.

My son is running Goodyear Eagles on a 2001 Civic EX in Maryland, they handle great and are wearing good. I like Goodyear tires, they wear great for me. My Nissan Murano will go about 68,000 miles on OEM Goodyears. I got 70,000 miles on my Impala Goodyears also.

I've had good luck with them too.

I managed to get 50k out of the OEM GY Conquests (rated at 35-40k), even with my wife's drving. Just made sure I rotated them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back