Blackberry Storm 2 - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to buy a new cell phone in the next few months. After reading several reviews, I am leaning heavily toward the newly released Blackberry Storm 2. I know the original Storm had issues, but firmware updates solved most of those, and the Storm 2 doesn't seem to have any of the problems of the original. All the reviews I've read have been very positive.

I don't want an iPhone, because I already have an iPod touch, which satisfies my Apple fix. I'm also not impressed with AT&T's coverage in my neck of the woods.

So, anybody using the new Storm 2, or the original Storm with all the latest updates? If so, please chime in. Thanks.

my wife and I have had the original storm for about a month or so. only issue I had w/ hers was a bad microphone. last night I just upgraded the OS on hers; makes it 'feel' like an iphone and generally faster. I'll be doing mine tonight.
I got storms just before the release of the storm2 because they were effectively free w/ my verizon plan. no regrets.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm going to see what the Droid looks like and decide after holding both the Storm2 and the Droid in my hand.

Did I hear the rumor correctly in that the Storm 2 has only 2 MB of memory versus 9 MB for the original Storm?

Originally Posted By: dkryan
Did I hear the rumor correctly in that the Storm 2 has only 2 MB of memory versus 9 MB for the original Storm?

The original had 192MB of RAM. The Storm 2 has 256MB.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Have you checked out the new Google Droid phones?

Motorola's latest offering, the "Android"?, looks promising, but I've grown accustomed to a touchscreen device. That's why I am leaning toward the Storm 2; that and the fact that the Storm 2 has wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back