eagle one liquid clay

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried it today and it is a poor product, i usually use a mild clay but thought i would try it .. my van is a 2007 with 25000 miles on it and i wash and clay it about every 2 months so it is usually very clean. i did the liquid clay twice but still had to go back over with the clay bar. with the liquid clay you have to use a sponge and rub very hard. to me its more snake oil.

Out of all the clay bars and "liquid snake oil clays", I always go back to the one that gives me the best results: Mother's clay bars. You get two 80 gram bars plus the fluid for 19 bucks at Advanced Auto.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Out of all the clay bars and "liquid snake oil clays", I always go back to the one that gives me the best results: Mother's clay bars. You get two 80 gram bars plus the fluid for 19 bucks at Advanced Auto.

I've got Mother's clay bar set. I was wondering how long I can use the first clay bar before I should throw it away and go to the second (clean) clay bar.

Is there a way to tell when it should be discarded?

When you can't fold it over and get a clean surface to run across your paint. Basically, you keep folding it over to get a clean surface until it's so full of [censored] that you can't get a clean surface.

I usually use about a third of a bar for my car, but I don't let it get too bad either.

As said above you fold it into itself until you can't get a clean surface anymore then toss it. A little goes a long way, dropping on the ground is game over for the clay. What I do now is get Rosin paper, I use it at work so its easy for me. I roll it out next to the car as I work with the clay, if I drop the clay it lands on the Rosin Paper and stays clean. A clean drop cloth or sheet folded over will work too. HTH

I have had good luck with Claymagic and it is under $15 at most stores. It is also one of the original clay.

- Vikas

Noticed some Turtle Wax Liquid Clay at local Big Lots for a LOW price. Never tried the Clay Bar routine , but may sometime.

Originally Posted By: WGermany
Noticed some Turtle Wax Liquid Clay at local Big Lots for a LOW price. Never tried the Clay Bar routine , but may sometime.

Don't bother. It's worthless. It's not at all like a clay bar. It's not even a good paint cleaner or rubbing compound.

Actually I like the TW Ice liquid clay bar alot. It's missnamed though, It's basicly a very nice pre-wax cleaner for getting rid of enviromental hazing from the paint. It's not the same as using a clay bar, but it compliments it

Originally Posted By: djb
Originally Posted By: WGermany

Don't bother. It's worthless. It's not at all like a clay bar. It's not even a good paint cleaner or rubbing compound.

Agreed. It's junk. Didn't help the Balt at all...

Every time I have used Mothers clay bar I end up with yellow [censored] all over the paint. I suggest Claymagic. Works great, is not expensive and I have never had a problem with it.

Hard to say that the Mother's stuff is _____ because of that. Either bad product (happens to all mfr's) or user error. A lot of people use dish soap as clay lubricant, which will break down clay and cause it to break apart while using it. I've never had an issue with it, or any clay for that matter. However, Claymagic is not something usually found OTC either.

Originally Posted By: Blink7
Every time I have used Mothers clay bar I end up with yellow [censored] all over the paint. I suggest Claymagic. Works great, is not expensive and I have never had a problem with it.

I've never had a problem with Mother's clay bar and the detailing spray that comes with it. I have clayed multiple vehicles with about 10 times total and have never had a single problem.

I have not seen any posts about yellow stuff after using Mothers. As roughstage2 said, it may depend on your clay lube. It is obviously dissolving the clay or you are using way too much lube. I have over applied myself and it can change the clay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back