I'm putting the Redline 0w30 in today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between you and I Terry told me so... He told me that it will contribute to the engine being quieter. It sort of came up in conversation.

Not sure why... I will ask him when we discuss my sample which is in for testing now.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I will ask him when we discuss my sample which is in for testing now.

I am confused Stevie. You have already submitted a sample of the RL 0W30 for testing?
shocked2.gif

It was less than 2 weeks ago that you put it in your car!

Maybe you are referring to a VOA?

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge

I am confused Stevie. You have already submitted a sample of the RL 0W30 for testing?
shocked2.gif

Wait. I bet you are referring to the previous oil in the Santa Fe .
33.gif
And what was that oil?

Last edited:
So Steveie might you be the first Canadian or maybe just first person to post a UOA of this Redline grade of oil? Who says you would never get your 15 minutes of fame?
56.gif

lol.gif
Yup.. I need a life!

Originally Posted By: deven
Steve, I just dumped 5qts Red Line 5w20 with a Fram XG7317 filter in my TL at 1500 miles and I agree with all your observations in your car. Mine runs smoother and also feels like it revs freely. My oil has also gotten a little darker but I chalk that up to fuel dilution since I have a 2 mile commute to and from work. I think all that moly in this oil has a lot to do with the quieter engine and smoother revs.
That and the ZDDP levels... That will also contribute to a quiet engine I have noticed.

Funny you mention ZDDP making an engine more quiet. I noticed that when I added RL break in add to the E-150. It was never really noisy but it seems a little more quiet than before.

shocked2.gif

Maybe you are referring to a VOA?
Sorry... My sample of Amsoil that went in for testing just before I put the Red Line in. This sample is in to see if the new Amsoil Air filter fixed my SI levels.

StevieC, you must have money to burn. UOAs done by Terry, expensive oils, wow
20.gif

Wish I could... but my heating bills are starting to climb with winter here
54.gif

I've hit the oil isles 4 times in the past two weeks, eyeballed some pretty stuff, including Redline at Canadian Tire, and was impressed that I was able to walk out empty handed. I guess the 6+ jugs of PP in my basement keep me honest via my wife hah

Originally Posted By: Johnny
PP in you car and a good wife to keep you warm is all you need this winter.
grin2.gif

Amen Johnny!

Originally Posted By: webfors
20.gif

54.gif

I've hit the oil isles 4 times in the past two weeks, eyeballed some pretty stuff, including Redline at Canadian Tire, and was impressed that I was able to walk out empty handed. I guess the 6+ jugs of PP in my basement keep me honest via my wife hah

No money to burn, but I do have a problem with elevated SI levels in my UOA's so I bought a few of his kits in the past at the reduced price before he put up his price and I want to compare his readings with his readings. I think I have the SI problem solved so this will only make it the 3rd test from him. All the others in the past were WearCheck or Black Stone which are far cheaper. And not that I have Toromont kits they are really cheap at $16 Canadian each and it includes a TBN/TAN.
20.gif
These are great for my experiments.

I will continue to use Terry's services because the guy is awesome and because his testing is very in depth from the lab he deals with and shows a few areas that the other guys don't. Also because I want to be a member of his blog which has really great info on there... It really cuts through some of the rhetoric posted here sometimes.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
20.gif

54.gif

You are much better off with the PP in my view. Cost is reasonable and will give you as good service as the very pricy stuff. If I couldn't get M1 oils I diffently would use PP and expect to get more miles from an engine than I could ever put on the car.

My oil cost is covered by the mileage my work pays me and it is a hobby of mine so it doesn't bother me...

But yeah I would be using M1 or Pennzoil Platinum otherwise.

After my run of Redline and the UOA is done I will be switching to RLI Bio Syn HD 20wt which acts like a HD 0w20. Terry wants me to try this in my engine and see how it stacks up to my Amsoil/Red Line runs.

The 0w30 and 5w30 RLI BioSyn I tried left me with superb UOA's but I still wanted to use up my Amsoil stash and try Red line so that is what I'm doing now.

Hey, Stevie,

Sounds like you've had quite a few UOA's done on different oils...I know you've posted a couple of them...can you post the rest? Would love to see them!!!

I've got to travel out of town today, tomorrow and Friday and then have my plate full into November but I will post them all when I get my 0w30 Red Line tested.

Originally Posted By: tig1
StevieC,
What is RLI Bio Syn? Not familiar with it.Who makes it?

Renewable Lube. Their website really sucks but the product is excellent and tailored with the help of Terry Dyson and his labs analysis. It is made from renewable sources.

Renewable lube .com is the website.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
PP in you car and a good wife to keep you warm is all you need this winter.
grin2.gif

01.gif

That lab isn't pushing anything nor is Terry. It seems like he pushes BioSyn because it is a cutting edge oil that is a "sleeper". and it fits so many applications universally. It is his favorite and it does perform but he gets no kick back and just wants whats best for his customers engines.

It got a bad rep. here because when you first put it in the wear metals on the UOA will spike and it will cause the TBN to fall rapidly as it gets used to the engine...

Once it has made itself at home it does a very good job and is quite impressive compared to other oils. The other downside is that it costs about as much as Red Line because it is a smaller company.

Those who use it and stick with it will be very happy.

I know... And lots judge it by that one and only UOA or the fact that it is made from renewable sources... And that is sad because it is a superior "sleeper" oil.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back