DATING VS LEATHER SEATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens to be a true story, involving me (unfortunatly). In my late 50's, divorced for years, I decided to give these dating sites (like eharmony) a try. It took quite a while, but eventually they found a lady willing to give me a chance, and a date was arranged. My vehicle is an 07 Ford Ranger XLT with leather bucket seats. Nervous as [censored], I picked her up, and of course did the gentlemanly thing of opening the door for her, etc. I had placed a small flower thingy in the glove box, and as I was seated, leaned over to open it...

and ripped a BIG ONE! The leather seats amplified the noise considerably. She said something like #&*%@*%, got out and stormed back into her house. I am not going to try dating anymore.

There is a scene in the movie "Wayne's World" where Garth says to Wayne "I think I love her but every time I see her I get so nervous I think I'm gonna hurl."

To which Wayne replies with his infinite wisdom, "I say spew. If you hurl and she bolts, it was never meant to be. But if you blow chunks and she stays... then you know it was meant to be."

I had a similar situation. Except we were on a leather couch and my then girlfriend (now wife) was sleeping with her head in my lap.
I didn't want to wake her for a silent little guy... but it turns out it was an ground shattering earth burner, only magnified by the leather of the sofa we were on.

I was horrified, but she thought it was friggen hilarious. She started crying she was laughing so hard.

That was the night the romance wore off. But I knew then I had a keeper.

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Dang! I had forgotten I had already posted this. Sorry. Like I said - in my late 50's.

Just blame it on the flashbacks from the suppressed memory.

BTW, the good ones are worth repeating
thankyou2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I'm having a deja vu moment here...

Same here. I had to look at the posting date three times to make sure!

Shamus, took my daughter out for dinner last night. We sat the vinyl/comfortable bench seats at a local pizzeria. I let a small one go--what I thought would be silent...big POP against those vinyl seats. This topic thread instantly ran thru my mind.

Then I turned beet red.

My daughter looked at me, smiled and said "Daaaaaddddy..."

LOL

The other party there didn't bat an eye. They were REALLY polite. LOL

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
There is a scene in the movie "Wayne's World" where Garth says to Wayne "I think I love her but every time I see her I get so nervous I think I'm gonna hurl."

To which Wayne replies with his infinite wisdom, "I say spew. If you hurl and she bolts, it was never meant to be. But if you blow chunks and she stays... then you know it was meant to be."

I had a similar situation. Except we were on a leather couch and my then girlfriend (now wife) was sleeping with her head in my lap.
I didn't want to wake her for a silent little guy... but it turns out it was an ground shattering earth burner, only magnified by the leather of the sofa we were on.

I was horrified, but she thought it was friggen hilarious. She started crying she was laughing so hard.

That was the night the romance wore off. But I knew then I had a keeper.
Yep, you need to find a woman who appreciates a good far,t . A woman who doesn't like far.ts isnt worth the time.

Funny story man.

I have never had it happen in my wifes presence, I usually go to another room or check the tires if I am driving. At home, I just wait until I fall asleep, then whatever happens can be lablelled 'no fault'
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back