New Rotella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 47HO

I got some Rotella T 5W-40 on clearance at Wally about a month ago... $2.50 a quart!

)#(*$)(!!!! My Walmart is still selling it for 6 bucks /qt

Anyone know the z/p levels of the Rotella T-6? It says on their website they lowered phosphorous, ash, etc. for emissions, but not how much. Maybe they just mean from the previous CI spec.

I assume it's taking over the normal Rotella-T line. Wonder how long until it makes it to the shelves where I live. I used to be the only one who bought GC a few years back at Autozone.

ok ok ....I'm joking
27.gif

Well Jake, you can. But some of the new Rotella oil and send it to Oil Analyzers or Blackstone and they will send you a report and then you can post for all to see.

Originally Posted By: cowhorse01
Well Jake, you can. But some of the new Rotella oil and send it to Oil Analyzers or Blackstone and they will send you a report and then you can post for all to see.

X2
thumbsup2.gif

Jeepers, I just made the 10w30 CJ4 my std oil. Hope they dont change it - I love it JUST the way it is. The most perfect dino ive uesd in ages ;(

I saw some new 2.5 gallon Triple Protection jugs at Walmart the other night. They had the new redesigned graphics. The gallon jugs were all still the same.

Originally Posted By: gogozy
saw new T6 5w40 at a Canadian Tire in toronto, $30 CDN for 4L.

At least the price hasn't seemed to change...that is CT's price for the previous RTS standard. Wait for it to go on sale (it always does), goes on for 24.99.

Originally Posted By: hpichris
Still nothing here...Just checked today.

Same here....

[Impatiently waiting while tapping fingers]

Pretty cool line up they have.

They have the regular T3 in 10W-30; and ALSO have the T5 syn-blend in both 10W-30 and 10W-40. Nice to have 2 10W-30's that can be used as PCMO.....

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Last I heard it would be sometime in December or maybe even January before the new line hit shelves in the U.S.

Good to know. I'm going to use Formula Shell for my ARX rinse cycle (due in about 800 miles) and then I think I'll try that Rotella T 10w30 in my new 300.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Last I heard it would be sometime in December or maybe even January before the new line hit shelves in the U.S.

Noooooooo....that's too long of a wait. Time to cross the border.

I saw T5 (0W30 and 0W40) the other day...odd how they make a big to do about a relabeling, but failed to upgrade the T5 to latest specs. They're still SL/SJ...Maybe they are only interested in marketing them to gassers and older diesels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back