04 Honda Accord PCV Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how often this honda PCV valve needs to be change?? Its $30 at the local dealer and parts store and it needs to be special ordered. It does not look like your normal pcv valve that's inline with the pcv hose. This plastic piece is bolted into the valve cover..

Are you sure you're looking at the PCV? On the 06+, there is a breather between the valve cover and the intake manifold with no valve, and the PCV is built into the alternator bracket.

Try rockauto.com for the part.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Are you sure you're looking at the PCV? On the 06+, there is a breather between the valve cover and the intake manifold with no valve, and the PCV is built into the alternator bracket.

Try rockauto.com for the part.

Thank you, rock auto has them $20 shipped..

on the 04 V6 it's built into the valve cover....

Originally Posted By: wan1122
Can you post a PVC picture --- location??

Remove the plastic engine cover(held by 2 plastic screw), and it's on the top left of the valve cover held by 1 bolt...

I've already taken it out and compared to the PCV photos online, so I'm positive it's the right one...

Last edited:
I would go with OEM. Try several online dealerships such as Majestic Honda, SL Honda, etc.

I would change every 30k miles maybe more depending upon its condition in regards to oil.

I just replaced a pcv valve on a 04 accord 2.4L, it's to the right of the alternator on the front of the engine.do not need to remove anyting to get to it, I think I needed a 18mm deepset socket. Also watch when you take it off, it has a small round washer behind it.Got the part from autozone for 13.99.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back