Mobil 1 0w30 vs Amsoil 0w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are both equally worthless I have yet to be blown away by Amsoils SS0 0W30 or M1's 0W30. Now if M1 brought back the M1R 0W30 instead of this Echo Green Bottle Junk I would reconsider but for now all 0W30's I have seen have left me unimpressed!

Amsoil is guaranteed 35,000 or 1yr.

M1 AFE Tbn 8.5 vs 13.1

M1 AFE is not EP, their top of the line oil.

AFE is a good oil, but won't hold up as long as Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
buster - None of the data you've supplied sunstantiates your comments in any way whatsoever!

grin2.gif

They are two different 0w-30's. I don't think anyone would seriously question the fact that Amsoil will hold up longer, just based on it's initial Tbn.

HT/HS for AFE is 2.99 vs 3.2 for SSO. AFE may have the fuel economy edge, unless the SSO's friction modification is that much better.

Look at post #1615860 in the uoa section to see how well Amsoil did on a long run.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
I think I am going to stick to the Amsoil for my Eclipse. It is my summer season car, so I pretty much drive it from aprilish through the fall until it gets to cold and [censored] here in Michigan. This season I have about 4k on it, and the oil report looked pretty perfect.

I was just curious because it is expensive, but that car is also my baby/toy and I drive it pretty hard, so I want to make sure I use the best stuff with it. But I was thinking I might be able to save a few bucks, but who knows.

I did put the Mobil 0w30 in the Gf's car though, so we will see how it works out for her.

If you're only going to be driving it 4-5k per season, just use the M1. It'll provide outstanding protection for that duration. The SSO would be better for extended drains, but it doesn't sound like you really need that. Save some money and go with M1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back